• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New goalkeeper / s

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
It seems like Pym may well move on and I expect Hamon will be released.

Therefore it seems likely we will need two new goalkeepers.

Matt Taylor used to be a keeper, he turned into a no nonsense centre back, you would hope he has a good eye for a keeper, add in Weale's opinion and you would expect us to make a decent fist of signing a keeper.

Anyone with any names they want to chuck into the mix ??

A random one from me is Nathan Ashmore of Ebbsfleet, I've seen him play a few times, he's always looked decent, good shot stopper who comes for crosses, plus he kicks very well.

Temporarily Exiled

Is Bobby Olejnik's contract up at the end of the season? If so, him. Proved very capable for us a couple seasons ago and he's still in his early 30s, so he probably has a few good years left in him.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can't give you names but what I would like to see in our next keeper is someone who is physically dominant. The sort of keeper that when the ball get tossed in an area between the six yard box and the penalty spot is to come and claim the cross and take no prisoners in the process.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't give you names but what I would like to see in our next keeper is someone who is physically dominant. The sort of keeper that when the ball get tossed in an area between the six yard box and the penalty spot is to come and claim the cross and take no prisoners in the process.
Sadly there aren't many of those around, even in the Premier league.

Look at a keeper like De Gea or the Chelsea number 1, neither of them do that.

Last edited:

Positive spin

If Pym does leave then his replacement should be at least 7 feet tall so that our friend across the pond no longer keeps telling us how short our keeper is.

PeteUSA

If Pym does leave then his replacement should be at least 7 feet tall so that our friend across the pond no longer keeps telling us how short our keeper is.
If you're refering to me, I've never "kept telling" anybody that Pym is short. I might mention the odd GK indiscretion he might make, and there have been a few this season, but I've never mentioned an aspect he can do nothing about.

Red Monster

Saw the Eastleigh keeper against Wrexham in the playoffs had a great game.
Just watching him now against Salford City very good again he’s on loan from Reading Luke Southwood 21 yrs .

Last edited:

fred binneys head

I think Taylor will convert Christy into a centre back, to get the most from his height.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw the Eastleigh keeper against Wrexham in the playoffs had a great game.
Just watching him now against Salford City very good again he’s on loan from Reading Luke Southwood 21 yrs .
I've seen a report that a number of clubs have been watching him. MK Dons were mentioned................

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Taylor will convert Christy into a centre back, to get the most from his height.
That's why he gave his gloves away obvs.