Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Matt Taylor appreciation thread

Re: Matt Taylor appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by benjisheps View Post
    Why would it be reduced Martin? I thought the club had a budget in place for the next 2-3 seasons based off of the most recent sales.
    This is what we were told at the Trust AGM since when additional player sale monies have come in; for example Jayden Stockley.

Unless some unexpected cost or liability has cropped up it is hard to see why the Manager’s playing budget should be reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    This is what we were told at the Trust AGM since when additional player sale monies have come in; for example Jayden Stockley.

Unless some unexpected cost or liability has cropped up it is hard to see why the Manager’s playing budget should be reduced.
    I would suggest that for example the manager's hands could be restrained in offering longer term contracts, if they were to exceed the current "enhanced" budget period. Maybe not so much "reduced" currently, but rather in the longer term "unsustainable" without further windfalls. (Sarri get your finger out and start playing Ampadu ! ).

Good first season. Good man. Good match interviews (pre and post). Let’s see what he can really do this coming season. I’ve really enjoyed half the games I’ve seen this season. Its the other performances which the question marks hang over. He seems to know how to fix it, so here’s to an improved next season. Where do I place my bet?

A really good interview with Matt. https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/...ttonnewseason/

Love that he thinks we fans need to have a rest as well!

Matt spent the first half of the season trying to eradicate defensive cock ups and made adjustments that didn't completely work, we still conceded too many soft goals. Such a shame Troy Brown was Injured.,always feel Sweeny and Moxey are just useful amateurs at centre half. Second half of the season Matt struggled to replace Stockley and find new ways to score goals. Thought the sudden blossoming of Williams at the end of the season was a revelation and hope that he develops with Bowman to become a goalscoring force.
    Matt needs to strengthen all over the team, we need options in defence, midfield and attack, not to mention two good goalies.
    Last edited by STURTZ; 09 May 2019 at 19:57.