• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Originals Rollcall....

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
The first iteration of Exeweb was way back in 1999....anyone else join at that time, or thereabouts ?

Incredible to think that I've been spouting, and reading, nonsense on here for nearly 20 years now !

IndoMike

The first iteration of Exeweb was way back in 1999....anyone else join at that time, or thereabouts ?

Incredible to think that I've been spouting, and reading, nonsense on here for nearly 20 years now !
I'm lucky : I didn't know about Exeweb until around 8 years ago. Other posters not so lucky I joined around 8 years ago.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Not quite an "original" I'm afraid (joined in 2000, hence the moniker) but old enough to remember the old "white writing on black background" version of EW.

Alistair20000

Not quite an "original" I'm afraid (joined in 2000, hence the moniker) but old enough to remember the old "white writing on black background" version of EW.
It do say alongside that you joined in 2004 rather than 2000. Just commenting like.

edindevon

It do say alongside that you joined in 2004 rather than 2000. Just commenting like.
The whole site went down/migrated in March 2004 and everybody had to rejoin.

Alistair20000

Noted thanks. (y) I had been wondering if G2K had been doing a Dr Who reincarnation

STURTZ

When I signed up I believe Peter Fox was nearing the end of his awful tenure so probably around 1998/99.

I could have been a ticket man at Fulham Broadway station - What a waste!

Grecian2K

As well as having their diligently gathered post-count ruthlessly expunged. :( #shameful

fred binneys head

I was there at the start - Anna and Emma, etc.

haka

2001. If you know how to work the Wayback Machine you can find a collection of oldies-but-not-very-goodies, from nearly 20 years ago. Including a pompous prattler with too much time on his hands. Ignore him (me).

https://web.archive.org/web/20020604225013/http://exeweb.co.uk/

Cornforth Out!