• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Macclesfield Town v Exeter City - Tues 12th March - Predictions

Legohead

Banned
I'm not going to wallow in disappointment after the defeat at Sixfields today so thought i'd get this thread up asap with a positive start and i'm going for a 2-0 win for us on tuesday night at the Moss Rose. We need to be able to cope with conditions better than we did today as the forecast looks to be similar and we need to be mindful that Macc have failed to score in two of their last 18 games which is some going.

They are 2nd bottom however and although they have improved markedly since Sol Campbell came in (to my surprise) they are struggling for a reason.

I'll be there with a pal and looking to cheer the lads to a victory. 2-0 to us!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not going to wallow in disappointment after the defeat at Sixfields today so thought i'd get this thread up asap with a positive start and i'm going for a 2-0 win for us on tuesday night at the Moss Rose. We need to be able to cope with conditions better than we did today as the forecast looks to be similar and we need to be mindful that Macc have failed to score in two of their last 18 games which is some going.

They are 2nd bottom however and although they have improved markedly since Sol Campbell came in (to my surprise) they are struggling for a reason.

I'll be there with a pal and looking to cheer the lads to a victory. 2-0 to us!
We will have to play one hell of a lot better than we did against them earlier at SJP.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perfect opportunity to get back on track. Macc seem to have stuttered a bit after a turn around when Campbell first came in. They’ve got 2 decent forwards though in Smith and Wilson who carry a threat plus another long journey could see us come unstuck.

However, they’re in the drop zone for a reason and we really *should* win.

I expect a number of changes. I predict Boateng will start, as will Holmes, Williams and Bowman. We need to go for it and put today’s game to bed.

3-1 City. Bowman, Wilson and Law with the goals. 106 hardy Grecians in attendance of a crowd totalling 1,599.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would like to see a clean sheet,those have been a rareity this season.Even more important now with the lack of goals & chances created...A ground out 0-0 on the cards.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I think we will win 2-1

Think it’s a must win because this on paper looked a “easier” month in terms of fixtures

The deluder

1-0 Macclesfield.

GJW

1-4 city win. Back in the playoffs. Glass is always half full, apart from when it’s empty. Then I fill it up again.

Ashford Grecian

After the shambles on Saturday I can't see much other than a loss - possibly 2-1

Red Devon

Get the feeling the players received a bit of tongue lashing from Matt after yesterday’s showing, probably Bowman Sweeney and Williams to return if fit with Forte, A Martin and Hartridge making way.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
After the shambles on Saturday I can't see much other than a loss - possibly 2-1
Sadly I'm going to agree with you. Hopefully Matt has given the players a god talking to, and will come up with a team that is committed to the cause.