• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town VS Exeter City. Official Match Day Thread. 09/03/2019

Rog H K

Back to winning ways today please City. No if's or but's, no messing about!
*2 PM! KO so don't forget folks. "Bugger"! 1 hour less in the pub for those going up to Northamptonshire today that want to buy me a birthday Cider!
250 Pre sold tickets all went quick and they didn't send any more! Grrrrrrrr.... I've to pay £2 more for a ticket on the day now!!! Safe trip all. 06:43 via London for me.
Remember well walking onto their pitch at HT with a few hundred Grecians carrying a 50 metre banner I made reading 'Please don't let our City die'! Was that the year we sold our ground to Beazer for £650k, also stayed up because Macclesfield were denied promotion due to having 50 seats short in their Grandstand under FL rules ?* We didn't die(Phew!) thank heavens. I felt the fans back then were like the Black Knight on Monty Pythons Holy Grail with his arms and legs chopped off and still wanting to fight on with our teeth! Then we were kicked in them very teeth a few years later, B'stards! Grrrrrr!* Oh well. We did it!
Come on you Day-glo-yellows! UTC

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Northampton Town V's Exeter City. Official Match Day Thread. 09/03/2019

Thank you for you informative OP Rog. Its a good job I had a read and saw the Kick-off is 2.00pm!! I already paid for iFollow without looking, so I would have been well pi/ssed off missing an hour of the match! Why's it early then? I wonder if all the other expats no its at 2.00?

fred binneys head

The punctuation in the thread title is disappointing. See you all there.

StroudGrecian

The punctuation in the thread title is disappointing. See you all there.
Indeed fred. Let us hope by 5pm that Exeter City are not owned by Northampton Town V.

fred binneys head

I kinda hope we win 3-1 and miss an injury time penalty now. I’m that riled by it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Early start here as well. Only seen us win there the once, a last minute winner, which is always good.

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2019/03/07/next-up-northampton-town-vs-exeter-city/

IndoMike

Back to winning ways today please City. No if's or but's, no messing about!
*2 PM! KO so don't forget folks. "Bugger"! 1 hour less in the pub for those going up to Northamptonshire today that want to buy me a birthday Cider!
250 Pre sold tickets all went quick and they didn't send any more! Grrrrrrrr.... I've to pay £2 more for a ticket on the day now!!! Safe trip all. 06:43 via London for me.
Remember well walking onto their pitch at HT with a few hundred Grecians carrying a 50 metre banner I made reading 'Please don't let our City die'! Was that the year we sold our ground to Beazer for £650k, also stayed up because Macclesfield were denied promotion due to having 50 seats short in their Grandstand under FL rules ?* We didn't die(Phew!) thank heavens. I felt the fans back then were like the Black Knight on Monty Pythons Holy Grail with his arms and legs chopped off and still wanting to fight on with our teeth! Then we were kicked in them very teeth a few years later, B'stards! Grrrrrr!* Oh well. We did it!
Come on you Day-glo-yellows! UTC
I notice a certain euphoric tone to your recent posts, Roger. Have you won the lottery.....or something?

Rog H K

Indeed fred. Let us hope by 5pm that Exeter City are not owned by Northampton Town V.
5pm!!! 2pm KO =3:45:p

Corey

Why's it early then?
Believe it has something to do with the rugby

fred binneys head

5pm!!! 2pm KO =3:45:p
#StroudyGetsOwned