• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Losers – Torquay United

mustangspeed2006

Has anyone else been watching the Losers series on Netflix?

Tonight, I caught the episode featuring Torquay United's dramatic final day fixture in the 1986/87 season, when Bryn the German shepherd saved the day by sinking his teeth into poor Jim McNichol's thigh.

The episode features interviews with former Torquay players and staff including Paul Dobson, Stuart Morgan and McNichol himself who went on to lift the Fourth Division title with us three years later. Well worth a watch, as well as the other episodes I've seen so far.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I watched this the other day and it was quite entertaining, with a bonus pic of match action from SJP thrown in. Paul Dobson appeared to be on his way to a Tony Hadley lookalike competition.

StroudGrecian

True story.

Oldsmobile-88

I am going to check that out.
It was a huge story at the time,especially with the once famous & former FL champions Burnley in the drop zone at the seasons end...I remember going to Turf Moor that season(very snowy & icy) the Grecians drew 0-0 as was the norm that season but should have won after Mark Robson missed a sitter near to the end of the game,a vital point for Burnley in the end.

Jim McNichol told a few of us first hand the story of that crazy day when we visited him when he was landlord of the Exeter Inn,Ashburton around 1991.