• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

February player of the month

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/potmfebvote/

I've gone for Dara O'Shea, though could have easily given it to Nicky Law. Matt Jay in with a late challenge for this award! :)

Corey

Didn’t really think Law could get it having only played 3/5 games. Ended up voting for Archie Collins, who I’m a big fan of. Could go to almost anyone to be honest.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jake Taylor for me; he's playing much better than earlier in the season, works well alongside Archie and has shown real leadership in the absence of the other experienced players. There's a stat doing the rounds on twitter that he's played more league games since the start of 2016 than other player in the country which is quite incredible.
https://twitter.com/playmaker_EN/status/1101190809796468736

Jake Taylor for me; he's playing much better than earlier in the season, works well alongside Archie and has shown real leadership in the absence of the other experienced players. There's a stat doing the rounds on twitter that he's played more league games since the start of 2016 than other player in the country which is quite incredible.
https://twitter.com/playmaker_EN/status/1101190809796468736
100% agree - he has stepped up to the plate, whilst others continually have niggles/knocks and miss games. Jake is out there every week and doing a fantastic job playing and leading this team.He's obviously very fit but the way he goes about his business must be running on empty as played every minute of every league game.

Last edited:
Dara O'Shea without a doubt. Thought he was ****e when he first broke through but he's really proved himself.

Fair shout too, seems to get better and better with each game.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dara O'Shea for me also.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jake has clearly shaken off his indifferent form before Xmas, though O'Shea just edges him out for me.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
What are the chances of keeping O'Shea and Wilson long term?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
What are the chances of keeping O'Shea and Wilson long term?
None, and nor should there be. Both will be too good for us in the long-term and could well be playing in the Championship regularly next season. Hopefully, though, their success with us will encourage other clubs to send their top kids to us.