• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Tranmere predictions and build up

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
No idea who will be available for selection but I reckon Hiram will be on the bench ready for 15 minutes at the end. I'm predicting a 4500 gate basking in this crazy warm weather and a goal for Norwood. Bowman will open his account at last, the first of a great run of goals.

3-1 City

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definitely fancy City to win this one and predicted 3-1 on Ali's monthly prediction thread (free advertising). Not a bad month for picking up points

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd also guess 4,500 this time, though there are plenty of seats available at the moment.

It depends on how many Tranmere bring I suspect. They are well supported on the road but away turnouts are down throughout the lower leagues, and the news about the improved facilities at SJP hasn't yet led to increased numbers. Hopefully they may bring more than could be accommodated in the seated area, say around 400.

2-1 City with only 3 minutes of added time ;)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do we know how we are doing this year against early season projections on attendance, I would like to think that it is up somewhat despite the poor travelling support we are witnessing.

Anyway Saturday I feel 3-1, 2 for El and 1 for Kane's brother Donovan, our strikers starting to work off each other

Eric Kinder is sent to the stands for exposing too much white leg and our scoreboard is stolen by our scouser friends enabling an insurance claim for a monster (can I say that without anybody taking offence) state of the art replacement to fill up Pete's gap. Needless to say our American cousin will be in absolute uproar as Pymmy let's in a back pass from Matty Jay to enable him to have scored in three successive matches

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do we know how we are doing this year against early season projections on attendance, I would like to think that it is up somewhat despite the poor travelling support we are witnessing.
There will be a report in Saturday's programme from the Gates Committee on exactly this so I won't preempt what is says in detail. But broadly this is right, home turnouts strong, away fan numbers disappointing.

Andy Holloway

No idea who will be available for selection but I reckon Hiram will be on the bench ready for 15 minutes at the end. I'm predicting a 4500 gate basking in this crazy warm weather and a goal for Norwood. Bowman will open his account at last, the first of a great run of goals.

3-1 City
You obviously haven't seen the weather forecast for saturday then!

Heavy rain from about 1000 until well after the final whistle.

Better to swap sunglasses for a good waterproof coat and galoshes.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Better to swap sunglasses for a good waterproof coat and galoshes.
And that's just to protect us from being inundated by the water from the sprinklers being driven into the BB by the predicted Westerly gales! ;)

Ashford Grecian

nailed on 1-1 draw........

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor's got some interesting questions to ponder ahead of this game. Who plays in midfield largely depends on who is available. However, up front looks like a difficult choice. We have 3 good strikers, all of whom offer something different, but none of them are outstanding or an automatic selection. At the back Woody will presumably be rested so if we continue playing 5 at the back then either Alex or Jaden has to come in which would make for a very inexperienced defence. Therefore. I guess we will revert to 4 at the back with Kane at left-back.

hardi2b

Rain forecast for Saturday ( www.windy.com ) Tranmere Rovers play the long ball and are comprehensively stifled, we win 2-0.