• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crewe Alexandra v Exeter City Official Match Day Thread

Rog H K

About 4 hours ago I wasn't going to this game. I've friends down from Rochdale and just got home. Dale are playing them down the road and I was 75% thinking of going in away end with them. Got a call back in a respectable Exeter Tavern with a space on a seat at 05:45 departure from the St Thomas of the City. What the hell! :D
Last Time I went to Crewe watching City was 1987 ish! 30 years of hurt! CTID safe trip all(Me Too LOL)
Tough one. UTC!

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently it'll be heatwave conditions in Crewe today. :) Hoping for a top notch day out.

Here's Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2019/02/22/next-up-crewe-alexandra-vs-exeter-city-3/

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not a heatwave around these parts at the mo, in fact its gloomy with low cloud. Looking forward to the warm feeling Bowman is going to give us with his first goals.

Another three points in the bag today please Matty.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Starting the thread a minute early????? Good/Bad???

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anthony Wareing and Graham Kirk on Radio Devon commentary duty today.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Anthony Wareing and Graham Kirk on Radio Devon commentary duty today.
Cant get much better than that.

Alistair20000

Starting the thread a minute early????? Good/Bad???
We is fooked :(

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cant get much better than that.
I'm still waiting for Danny Coles to be given a chance.

STURTZ

Don't know how to call this one, can't even be sure which team would suit, good luck Matt.

Like to see us start as we have in the last 3 games ushing them high up the pitch. A lot depends on us capitalising on that pressure and I might suggest we need at least a two goal advantage at HT to profit from the match. Think playing "Starman" from the start is a luxuary we should afford, run at 'em and scare the living daylights out of them, Forte also should start.

We tire second half and I hope we don't wait too late for subs, probably the time to bring on Bowman is about the 60 min mark, keep it fresh Matt.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Crewe are renowned as a passing team so the high press could work very nicely for us today, hopefully we will force them into mistakes, they are a league 2 side, they are not Barcelona so their players are likely to gift us a few openings.

Our players have had a week without a game as well so hopefully we will be fresh and ready to put in a big shift.

Cue a 3 - 0 drubbing !