• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans Forum

benjisheps

Being an Exiled Grecian living here in the States I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread regarding the Fans Forum tomorrow night.

It would be great if any exewebbers attending could ask a question or two that us Exiles may have.

Taylor seems to be a bit more transparent when it comes to contracts and has stated that both Randell Williams and Bowman signed 2.5 yrs deals. He also wanted to get out there in the media that Tillson has 2 yrs to run.

My questions for Matt Taylor would therefore be:

1. What Players are out of contract this summer? We know Jake Taylor and Archie Collins have signed new deals but have any others signed extended contracts?

2. Apart from Bowman which was a nominal fee, did we make any transfer bids (monetary) during the transfer window? It would be great to know that the club after the Stockley and Ampadu money were showing this ambition.

3. The club and Academy have done a fantastic job of developing players to go on and play at a higher level. However currently is seems that the development of the players is happening at a faster rate than the success on the pitch. How can the club maximize the development of its players, but also hang on to them long enough to gain success on the pitch with a promotion?

I think Taylor is a lot more open than maybe Tis was and probably is prepared to give supporters more of an insight than before. Incidentally I feel he is doing an excellent job especially with everything he has had to contend with so far since taking the job!!

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
At the last fans forum I got about 20 questions asked which I'd gathered from on here and then posted all the answers (there's a thread somewhere round about the date of that forum).

I'd advise posting these, and any other questions, to either or both of these emails:

The main Trust email
[email protected]

and/or

Clive Matthews, the Trust Membership Secretary
[email protected]

Clive was a great help last time.

I'm unable to attend this time otherwise I would have been happy to ask in person.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Could somebody please ask how the camera's being transferred to the NOG side are coming along please? It looked particularly bad last saturday, although the fare on display on the pitch probably didnt help!

iscalad

Could somebody please ask how the camera's being transferred to the NOG side are coming along please? It looked particularly bad last saturday, although the fare on display on the pitch probably didnt help!
Beggars belief.

fred binneys head

Beggars belief.
He got hit in the head by a heavy object when he was younger.

iscalad

He got hit in the head by a heavy object when he was younger.
Ah,. Yes I read that. My apologies

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
As and exile please could someone pose a couple of questions from me?

1. I'd like to know what the next project is for the club, we've had the 3G pitch at the C+F and now the ground redevelopment is completed, is there anything else in the pipeline (don't FFS mention 'the gap').

2. Could someone ask what impact the collapse of flyb.... ah, don't worry about that one.

Pete Martin (CTID)

As and exile please could someone pose a couple of questions from me?

1. I'd like to know what the next project is for the club, we've had the 3G pitch at the C+F and now the ground redevelopment is completed, is there anything else in the pipeline (don't FFS mention 'the gap').

2. Could someone ask what impact the collapse of flyb.... ah, don't worry about that one.
Hi Snakey. Tonight's Forum is primarily about the football side of things and your question is more one for the Club/Trust.

I can tell you that a few things are being looked at in terms of 'projects' and it's currently a question of agreeing priorities. This won't take too long and, as soon as something is settled upon, I'm confident there will be an announcement.

Last edited:

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the past there has been talk of trying to upgrade the academy from level 3 to level 2 is this still happening

benjisheps

Hi Snakey. Tonight's Forum is primarily about the football side of things and your question is more one for the Club/Trust.

I can tell you that a few things are being looked at in terms of 'projects' and it's currently a question of agreeing priorities. This won't take too long and, as soon as something is settled upon, I'm confident there will be an announcement.
Pete

It is my understanding that the next project is a new building at the Cat and Fiddle.