• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury - build up and prediction

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Difficult game. Holmes is back so we have a decent number to choose from and should have a strong bench.

2-1 win, Forte x2
Att: 4410

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
2--1 win Forte and Taylor

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bury are pretty free scoring at present and winning matches by out scoring t'other side (obvious comment I know) they have scored 26 goals since the turn of the year in all competitions. They have two strikers that are banging them in in Nicky Maynard and Jay O'Shea as well as goals coming from other areas of the park. But they are also letting them in as well conceding 15 goals in the same time (only Yeovil not scoring against them),

Historically we have only beaten Bury 3 times since 1992 in all comps. but then that counts for nothing on the day and the players are in the right mindset,

If we are up for it this could be the best game of the season especially if the crowd that turned up for MK returns to add to the atmosphere. Would be an ideal time for Jono to add to his tally this season. Heart says 3-2 to the Exeter Forte Holmes and Collins. Head says 2-1 to Bury

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wasn't impressed that much by Bury in the away game but they have been on really good form since then so this will be another very tough game. Trying hard not to get too far ahead of myself and think about what a win would do to the table but realistically a draw would be a good result and keep us right in the mix.
The Chiefs are not at home so really hoping for another decent crowd; maybe even something close to 5 000.

andrew p long

Bury are.... winning matches by out scoring t'other side (obvious comment I know
Not quite as obvious as Liam Rosenior last night . He is one of the, if not the,best pundits around.

But last night I am pretty sure he said that ‘when Brentford keep a clean sheet they are very difficult to beat..’

Oldsmobile-88

Looking forward to this game,especially on the back of the previous home win which was the best I have seen at home in a long while..Hopefully a large % from that game(5,500) will be back at SJP.It has the makings for a cracking game.

Oliver

Since Jayden has gone we seem to have at long last found a 'new style' of football to play, we are creating lots of chances, giving the opposition no time on the ball, and playing with a new found energy and zest. I think their will be goals here and I am going to make the brave forecast of 4-2 to City.

grecIAN Harris

1-0 City. It's going to be tight, tense and, I rather fancy, feisty.

Gordon Dale

Oliver : Absolutely agree with the change of style . Will stand us in good stead on Saturday and during the 'run-in'. City have been so unlucky of late with not 'putting away' several chances . It will turn and the key is that the team is creating chances . Forte, Holmes , Law and Collins to score this Saturday. Crowd to really get behind the team. Haven't seen a 4-3 win for a while ...so that's the predicted score line .