• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

More problems at Bolton Wanderers

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now facing a winding up order from HMRC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47173241

Might possibly be handy for us if they start the next League One season with a points deduction! (y)

Colesman Ballz

Now facing a winding up order from HMRC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47173241

Might possibly be handy for us if they start the next League One season with a points deduction! (y)
Do they still owe Deano money ? I gather it is alleged that the Chairman pays himself and his wife, even if he defaults on paying the Revenue, players etc on time ! (facepalm)

Alistair20000

These petitions have a tendency to being dismissed.

i8cornwall

I follow Wanderers (I know city and wanderers what did I ever do to deserve this?) And these petitions are somthing that we are sadly getting use to now.

Ken Anderson is turning the club into the next blackpool or coventry, sad really.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently they've closed their training ground due to a shortage of food.

i8cornwall

It's actually a shortage of fuel as well, apparently everything at the training ground is run via a disel tank which is now empty.

The players where also every close to having to pay or sort there own travel to the game away to Swansea on Saturday and the under 23's travel to there game away to palace today has apparently been funded by one of the coaching staff. Rumours also that the Wanderers supporters trust might have to pay office staff wages this month.

Never in a million years did I think my once proud club would be run like this and actually be facing the real possibility of going out of business.

Legohead

Banned
Sadly yet another example of a club run into the ground by an arrogant, ignorant selfish and unscrupulous owner. It's getting ridiculous now. I mean just how many more do we have to see end up in turmoil simply because one man is a total ********?

I like to think that frequent examples of this kind of thing happening to clubs serves as a reminder to the more 'ambitious' of Exeter fans who baulk at our ownership model (which isn't perfect by any stretch) and want to see more, more, more. Nothing wrong with ambition but when it puts the club at risk through one mans rampant ineptness or greed, both of which fans are powerless to do anything about, then it's simply not worth it.

A scenario seemingly backed up by the more simplistic wishes of many Bolton fans that have now become a priority such as just simply having a financially secure club to support. Funny how fans can go from wanting the earth to simply wanting a club to support when some ballsack comes in and decimates it.

It's not just Bolton fans. It's football fans the world over.

Chesterfield for example a few years ago built a new stadium. They borrowed money from the local council which they didn't pay back. They spent money they didn't have assembling a team to blitz other smaller teams like Accrington who were operating within their means. They got out of league 2. They had the dream of getting into the Championship and failed in the L1 play offs.

Then the owner realized the club was in debt, had no promotion and he was in the brown stuff. Now the club are at the bottom of the National League with fans protesting and frequent issues with matchday operations. Their future is in doubt. The owner has the club for sale but many fans feel he doesn't really want to sell it as the asking price is too high and he wants the land the ground is built on.

Chesterfield fans could not have thought they could go from the brink of the Championship to a National League relegation battle within 5 years. They now just want their club back, the owner out and stability. Fans always want stability after someone has come in and almost destroyed their football club.

Exeter have stability so they have a future. Do Bolton have a future? Do Chesterfield have a future? There are clubs who thought they did but folded and are still floudering in the non league abyss after reforming. Darlington. Hereford. Scarborough.

It's also the community that is affected. The staff who work at the club are affected. Not just fans. Exeter have a model that allows security and gradual growth and that can address and improve every single aspect of their operations and i think sometimes it's good to be safe. Better safe than sorry as the saying goes.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

i8cornwall

The game will go ahead now. The "owner" (I prefer the term leech) has paid the staff meaning they will turn up for work Saturday.

The MP's for Bolton have wrote an open letter to the EFL calling for assistance and action, personally don't think it will come as the EFL's only concern is meeting the premier leagues demands.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The EFL had a meeting today, and have released a statement relating to Coventry, Charlton and Bolton https://www.efl.com/news/2019/march/efl-statement-board-update/