• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jonathan Forte ?

CTA

I have not seen JF many times and stand ready to be educated by the masses. On Saturday he didn't get on the end of many headers or show a lot of physical presence, whereas Bowman immediately provided that in his few minutes of action. Is JF just short on confidence or do others agree that he needs to do more to lead the line ?

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
He holds the ball up well enough if played into his feet and his movement is excellent if the ball is played forward quickly enough down the channels.

A goal would help his confidence but at the moment he's our best option up front.

Langer

I like Forte brings a lot but can’t create a goal from nothing and finishing not his greatest asset.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have not seen JF many times and stand ready to be educated by the masses. On Saturday he didn't get on the end of many headers or show a lot of physical presence, whereas Bowman immediately provided that in his few minutes of action. Is JF just short on confidence or do others agree that he needs to do more to lead the line ?
Forte was outstanding on Saturday.

Strange to create a thread like this after one of his best performances of the season.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do wonder if CTA (8 posts in 11 years) stands for "Cheering the Arg*le?

A "disruptor" on a poaching mission perhaps?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
For a pacy classic number 9 type of player his lack of clinical fox-in-the-box poaching is a bit concerning.

He had a great game this week and if he plays like that all the time I will have no complaints. He needs to start putting the ball in the onion bag more regularly though.

I’ve heard a few people say that he was outstanding on Saturday. He played well, but he certainly wasn’t outstanding. Consistency and age are his two biggest downfalls. If he doesn’t score again between now and the end of the season he will be gone,

Stelios

I’ve heard a few people say that he was outstanding on Saturday. He played well, but he certainly wasn’t outstanding. Consistency and age are his two biggest downfalls.
Agreed. That was the most active I've seen him. He did put a great shift in. Overall, I've been a bit underwhelmed to be honest. Not terrible.

6/10 for me this season.

CTA

I do wonder if CTA (8 posts in 11 years) stands for "Cheering the Arg*le?

A "disruptor" on a poaching mission perhaps?
Ha, definitely not. A Grecian for 40 years but only recently decided to explore exeweb again.

Dubai Grecian

He didn’t win many headers and never has as he is not a target man. His strength is running behind or at defenders, play to his strengths and he’ll thrive. Pretend he’s the new Jayden and it’s only going to end in disappointment.