• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pym and O'Shea nominated for League Two Player of the Month Award

Temporarily Exiled

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/vote-for-dara-and-christy/

Every vote counts! I think we'll struggle with this one though, given the ECFC vote will be split between our two players.

Nominees in full:
Reece Brown - Forest Green Rovers
Jamie Devitt - Carlisle United
Lee Frecklington - Lincoln City
Nicky Maynard - Bury
Dara O'Shea - Exeter City
Christy Pym - Exeter City

Deadline for voting is 8 AM tomorrow morning.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Voted for Dara. What a man. What a player.

Grecian2K

Dara gets my vote too. Let the "overwhelming will of the Exeweb people unite behind the ONE man in this flawed referendum.
(No offense Christie - you can win the February poll instead)

andrew p long

And in another poll ( the checkatrade nonsense?) Dara romped home courtesy of a strong vote from the West Bromwich area IIRC...

Grecian2K

And in another poll ( the checkatrade nonsense?) Dara romped home courtesy of a strong vote from the West Bromwich area IIRC...
Time to remobilise your Black Country infantry eh Andrew?!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who is Pym mates with ?

Nothing against him however once again it goes to show people are conned by clean sheets.

I'd say Jan 2019 was one of his quieter months in a City jersey.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I like that in this poll unlike the EFL one they don't just look at the monthly list of top scorers.

Incidentally, given the "Grammar Nazi" bit in another thread running currently, it's nice to see Pym and O'Shea were both "nomited" and "nominted" for the award according to the OS article!

PeteUSA

A couple of questions if I may: Who nominated them, and whats the prize for winning this? Do they get a trophy or something?

Temporarily Exiled

A couple of questions if I may: Who nominated them, and whats the prize for winning this? Do they get a trophy or something?
No idea on both counts. I don't think this is the 'official' player of the month award, which is decided on by a panel - but it's still nice for a player to win.

Oddly, none of the nominees for this one are up for the official POTM award. The nominees for that are Christian Doidge, Hallam Hope, Tom James and Jay O'Shea.

Last edited:

jimbo-gould

Can we all pretend that O’Shea is rubbish so he gets released and we can sign him permanently. Can’t believe he is even in this league. Conference South Bay at best ��