Thread: Is the club desparate for cash?

Is the club desparate for cash?

An interesting option on the club shop website!

https://shop.exetercityfc.com/collec...to-exeter-city

Re: Is the club desparate for cash?

There are a couple of straightforward reasons for this.

One is we've always had a donations 'product' on the shop counter sales systems because if a donation is given it needs to be recorded. We've also had people phone and write asking how best to make a donation - sometimes because they are exiles or because they are really pleased with something the club has done and want to show tangible appreciation. This gives another option.

The second use is if we have instances of people asking for things that aren't 'normal' club stock - objects for signing and return, prints outs, items that we may be able to source or create ad hoc but aren't sold as regular items - this provides a means of payment without having to create a new product on the shop system.
    Last edited by Spoonz Red E; 07 February 2019 at 16:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonz Red E View Post
    There are a couple of straightforward reasons for this.

One is we've always had a donations 'product' on the shop counter sales systems because if a donation is given it needs to be recorded. We've also had people phone and write asking how best to make a donation - sometimes because they are exiles or because they are really pleased with something the club has done and want to show tangible appreciation. This gives another option.

The second use is if we have instances of people asking for things that aren't 'normal' club stock - objects for signing and return, prints outs, items that we may be able to source or create ad hoc but aren't sold as regular items - this provides a means of payment without having to create a new product on the shop system.
    Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Grecian68 View Post
    Fair enough
    Happy for the mods to close this thread

Nah, 'twas a good question and a good answer. I wouldn't have known the club shop could do ad hoc things if people were so inclined for such.

Quote Originally Posted by RaeUK View Post
    Nah, 'twas a good question and a good answer. I wouldn't have known the club shop could do ad hoc things if people were so inclined for such.
    Thanks RaeUK, must admit, I felt a bit of a prat for asking the question after reading Spoonz's reply.

Like Rae, I think it was a perfectly good question.
    I'd be more worried if Exeweb posters weren't interested enough to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Grecian68 View Post
    Happy for the mods to close this thread
    But no one's mentioned the "T" word yet !