• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is the club desparate for cash?

Grecian68

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
There are a couple of straightforward reasons for this.

One is we've always had a donations 'product' on the shop counter sales systems because if a donation is given it needs to be recorded. We've also had people phone and write asking how best to make a donation - sometimes because they are exiles or because they are really pleased with something the club has done and want to show tangible appreciation. This gives another option.

The second use is if we have instances of people asking for things that aren't 'normal' club stock - objects for signing and return, prints outs, items that we may be able to source or create ad hoc but aren't sold as regular items - this provides a means of payment without having to create a new product on the shop system.

Last edited:

Grecian68

There are a couple of straightforward reasons for this.

One is we've always had a donations 'product' on the shop counter sales systems because if a donation is given it needs to be recorded. We've also had people phone and write asking how best to make a donation - sometimes because they are exiles or because they are really pleased with something the club has done and want to show tangible appreciation. This gives another option.

The second use is if we have instances of people asking for things that aren't 'normal' club stock - objects for signing and return, prints outs, items that we may be able to source or create ad hoc but aren't sold as regular items - this provides a means of payment without having to create a new product on the shop system.
Fair enough

Grecian68

Fair enough
Happy for the mods to close this thread

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Nah, 'twas a good question and a good answer. I wouldn't have known the club shop could do ad hoc things if people were so inclined for such. (y)

Grecian68

Nah, 'twas a good question and a good answer. I wouldn't have known the club shop could do ad hoc things if people were so inclined for such. (y)
Thanks RaeUK, must admit, I felt a bit of a prat for asking the question after reading Spoonz's reply.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Like Rae, I think it was a perfectly good question. (y)
I'd be more worried if Exeweb posters weren't interested enough to ask.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Happy for the mods to close this thread
But no one's mentioned the "T" word yet !