• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle Utd v Exeter City prediction thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Moving on.

Time to see whether last Saturdays result was a one off for a big game or if we can continue to challenge and force our promotion contenders into as many errors as last week. Home fixture was as exciting as Saturday with our goals coming from debutants, and similar scoreline.

This Saturday will be a different match to the earlier one with Carlisle having turned around their fortunes and are now the form side of the division (all things must come to an end though:)) with us being third a current form we also have a battle according to d3d4 statisticians of the two best passers/midfielders in the division so all is set for an exciting 90 minutes (hopefully). We cannot afford to let in silly goals from set pieces like Saturday and I would expect that we will be looking to catch Carlisle with our speed on the break. Team I would anticipate will be similar to Saturday possibly Kane coming in for Lee Holmes to add a bit more support to the defence.

Here's hoping for another clean sheet (1 point at least) and hopefully Jono to get the rewards for all his efforts recently 0-2 to the city 165 hardy grecians making the journey north

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Despite predicting a defeat a week ago, I have changed my mind. I feel there is a freshness about the team. no doubt aided by the influx of young players with the added competition factor. It will be a big crowd and a challenging game, hopefully refereed by a non-homer (I don't mean Simpson). City to win by one goal or draw.

Avening Posse

Someone told me today they have won 8 out of 9, have not checked if true, but it's gonna be amazing if we get the result. I'm optimistic UTC. 2-1 win Holmes and Law

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Someone told me today they have won 8 out of 9, have not checked if true, but it's gonna be amazing if we get the result. I'm optimistic UTC. 2-1 win Holmes and Law
They are the form side in the division, even surviving a weird blip in their manager departing them in favour of a Conference relegation scrap.

grecIAN Harris

I'm quite happy for us to come home with a point, 1-1

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
2 - 0 loss sadly.

IndoMike

I do feel City raises their game for this kind of match..

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
They have, and in that run they have beaten Mansfield 3-2 Colchester 4-0 and Oldham 6-0, however prior to that they have lost at home to the Vegans our somerset neighbours, Morecambe and the Mariners (but then who hasn't). Fixtures are a bit tougher to January for them this month with US, and the Franchise due to visit Brunton Park and aways to Colchester and Crewe, having beaten Port Vale at Vale Park on Saturday. Added to that they were very active in the transfer market bringing in 7 players interesting times in the North West http://d3d4football.com/ranked-every-league-two-clubs-january-business/

Last edited:

Ashford Grecian

3-1 United

Grecian Max

2-1 win for City