• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Tillson out on loan

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I know people have mentioned in the recent pass about Jordan Tillson going to Cheltenham, but am surprised he has gone!

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/Tillsonloan/

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I cannot see him playing for us again.

You cannot question the attitude or work rate however the ability levels are too low.

Last edited:

ECFC89

That has surprised me.

ecfc2000

Are we bringing anyome in to replace him or (i assume) he's just surplus to requirements? Surprised by this move either way.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
That's an odd one, considering we're quite light in midfield with Boateng's injury and I felt he was going to be needed in some of the "crunch" matches ahead.

CWH-NYC_

A bold move in its own little way, surely somebody else on the way in.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That's an odd one, considering we're quite light in midfield with Boateng's injury and I felt he was going to be needed in some of the "crunch" matches ahead.
Indeed. He's played some 25 matches so far this season, mostly starting. It's not like he's out of favour with Matt Taylor.

benjisheps

I think the emergence of Archie Collins playing in a defensive role has lead to this move for Tillson. If Collins were to get injured Jake Taylor can also do this role ,and Nicky Law could slide central as the attacking mid. Kane Wilson has also played as a defensive Midfielder before and with Boateng hopefully back sooner rather than later this all makes sense.

Tillson is still a solid squad player in my opinion but the direction I see Matt T taking the team this may be the last we see him in an Exeter shirt. He's been a good servant to the club and wish him nothing but the best.

Red Monster

Good luck to him always tried hard but not fan myself.
Good move by Matt , sorry to say Tis didn’t do that often enough,kept to many players out of loyalty.

Also think MT will bring in a new midfielder before the deadline.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed. He's played some 25 matches so far this season, mostly starting. It's not like he's out of favour with Matt Taylor.
I don't think he's a massive fan.