• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion MK Dons Display

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see some idiot called gers on the Mk dons concrete roundabout forum taking the p### about the red legion,oh the irony of it all,the big bank creates the noise and atmosphere which I do believe they are trying to do at stadium Micky Mouse so if I was mr gers I would STFU pronto !
http://www.sitdownorwellstealyourclub.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2920&start=10

And here it is. Always enjoy looking at other fans forums. Whatever the outcome on Saturday we can go home happy knowing we live in or near the historical city of Exeter, while they live in the largest trading estate in the UK !

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see some idiot called gers on the Mk dons concrete roundabout forum taking the p### about the red legion,oh the irony of it all,the big bank creates the noise and atmosphere which I do believe they are trying to do at stadium Micky Mouse so if I was mr gers I would STFU pronto !
I think he has a point.

LOG

One particular quote from them is "...Established in 2015 apparently. Some history there."

Well, if you want to get into a conversation about history...

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
One particular quote from them is "...Established in 2015 apparently. Some history there."

Well, if you want to get into a conversation about history...
99 years ago we were busy beating Swansea Town 1-0 in front of 10,000 fans at St James Park. What were they up to?

Stelios

If I'm being perfectly honest I can do without the displays around the whole ground. Just stick to the BB. It's where RL are where the atmosphere is. The Liverpool display was fantastic (y)

I know that makes me a misery. I know they have the best of intentions and I know they're coming from a well-intentioned place but honestly I can do without. When you're holding up bits of foil you can't even see what effect your having anyway and everyone just feels a bit awkward/embarrassed and wants to get on with clapping the players on.

It seems like the money/resources/effort and time could be much better spent elsewhere. Even if they are recyclable (are they REALLY?) do we really need to be adding to the massive waste of resources in the city/country/world?

Sincerely Yours

Misery Guts

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stelios you are not alone.....from another misery guts.

CraigECFC

If I'm being perfectly honest I can do without the displays around the whole ground. Just stick to the BB. It's where RL are where the atmosphere is. The Liverpool display was fantastic (y)

I know that makes me a misery. I know they have the best of intentions and I know they're coming from a well-intentioned place but honestly I can do without. When you're holding up bits of foil you can't even see what effect your having anyway and everyone just feels a bit awkward/embarrassed and wants to get on with clapping the players on.

It seems like the money/resources/effort and time could be much better spent elsewhere. Even if they are recyclable (are they REALLY?) do we really need to be adding to the massive waste of resources in the city/country/world?

Sincerely Yours

Misery Guts
Fair enough Stelios, we understand it's not for everyone. People donate to us to do these displays and although the bank is a class terrace it is very limited to what you can do display wise. We also have to continue to do different stuff and make these displays bigger in order to continue to get these donations. We have heard from players how much these types of displays motivate them and it also seems to be a great pull for the clubs media department. It's just two minutes so if you could sing the boys out onto the pitch while participating that would be great. These things always look better with full participation. Loads of time, effort & money (donated) goes into these displays so would be a shame if people didn't participate due to 2 minutes of awkwardness. You'll be pleased to know the banner in front of the bank has been fully recycled from the display first game of the season. Trust me we try to recycle because these displays are very expensive.

Hope everyone will willingly participate and I'm sure it'll look great. UTC.

robchave

Well, as an exiled fan having to watch on Ifollow, I'm looking forward to seeing the effect. Hope it goes well and as many as possible participate.

Stelios

Hope everyone will willingly participate and I'm sure it'll look great. UTC.
Thanks for the reply Craig. I will certainly participate (y)

Personally, I think the 'USP' of SJP is the Big Bank so I would just concentrate on that as the ground is never going to resemble the San Siro or Camp Nou. But I do appreciate your efforts.

fred binneys head

Good on the RL - if I was there I would certainly participate - we're lucky to have these lads.