• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cambridge United Matchday Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
As nobody else has bothered here goes.

Hoping for 3 points today. Cannot go through work commitments :(

I see from Jason's preview that Michael Salisbury is the ref and we have won three out of three with him in charge: 4-1, 4-0 and 3-1. Some more of that will be welcome.

UTC

IndoMike

Breaking News.......Alistair starts Matchday Thread !!.... Read all abaht it....
4-0 to city and also a 1-1 draw, depending on the team.
The renaissance starts NOW !!!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This feels like a big match in the context of our season. A convincing win with promising performances from our new signings will give us confidence going into a run of tougher games; another frustrating afternoon with not much created in front of goal and it will start to feel like we are drifting towards a season of mid-table mediocrity.

Colesman Ballz

Any sort of win to get the momentum and confidence going, so a clean sheet would certainly be most welcome too ! Come on you Grecians !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Come on City score some goals for us. Looking forward to the good doctor's weather report.

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2019/01/24/next-up-exeter-city-vs-cambridge-united-2/

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any kind of win from a scrappy 1-0 to a glittering 4-0 will do fine - looking forward to seeing the new additions in 1st Team environment rather than my view of them from Monday nights U23 game

Here's hoping - COYR [G]

David Treharne

It's currently 8c, with 70 grey cloud cover that looks as though it will close in over the next couple of hours. We've had rather less than 1mm of rain in the last 24 hours, although at the time of writing there are flecks of rain in the air, though nothing substantial. The wind is from SSW and gentle at around 1-2 although the barometric pressure is dropping which suggest that a) It'll grow in strength b) bring rain bearing clouds by this afternoon. Considering where we are in the season (annual rather than football!) the pitch looks in really good condition, and I think the astro turf down the sides has improved the look and the conditions for the assistant referees. Undecided about outcome because unless there's a revelation in one of the new signings, and a considerable change in approach - with far less hoofball and more control, it's difficulkt to see where the goals are going to come from, because we had become such a one horse pony. Update around 13:00.

Matt Russell

I'm sorry you missed the recent goals from Lee Holmes, Lee Martin and Archie Collins, they were all crackers.

STURTZ

I'm sorry you missed the recent goals from Lee Holmes, Lee Martin and Archie Collins, they were all crackers.
Yeah all top notch goals from outside the area. It's the scrappy goals poked in from around the six yard box that we need.

Gordon Dale

Wouldn't argue with your general comment as to predictable pattern of play David . Now is the time to play down the wings and the 'scrappy goals' ( STURTZ) will come as defenders panic. 3-1 to City ...if we do. If not .....a dreary draw is my prediction.