• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League cup aggregate win.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I see man city v Burton ended up 10-0 on aggregate. I heard on the radio this morning that man city needed to win by three tonight to set a new record for a two leg league cup tie, and was wondering if we hold the record which will probably now never be beaten?

We lost 11-0 on aggregate v Liverpool in the early eighties, and a couple of seasons later I saw the first leg v Aston villa which we lost 4-1 on the way to a 12-2 aggregate defeat.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
We're joint top (well, bottom!) with a few others:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/man-city-burton-liverpool-fulham-the-biggest-aggregate-wins/1rsyjlqjxs5s1hcgwpj6jfzy2

I remember well the Liverpool 10-0 over Fulham.

iscalad

We're joint top (well, bottom!) with a few others:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/man-city-burton-liverpool-fulham-the-biggest-aggregate-wins/1rsyjlqjxs5s1hcgwpj6jfzy2

I remember well the Liverpool 10-0 over Fulham.
I was at both the Liverpool games. :(

Oldsmobile-88

We lost 11-0 on aggregate v Liverpool in the early eighties,
At Anfield..Grobbelaar,Neal,Kennedy,Thompson,Lawrenson,Whelan,Dalglish,Lee,Rush,McDermott,Souness..

At SJP..Sheedy replaced Souness,Hanson replaced Lee in the lineup...A pretty good team for both legs & one of the best teams in Europe at the time..All household names.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't realise Sheedy played for both Liverpool clubs.

Oldsmobile-88

I didn't realise Sheedy played for both Liverpool clubs.
Yes,a fantastic career with Everton,but was at Liverpool for a few seasons when they were in their pomp.As talented as
he was,he found it difficult to get into a side that had so many great players.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was at both the Liverpool games. :(
Ditto - Happy Days - you look at that line up what a team - none of this resting players and squad rotation nonsense - proper football (y)