• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St James Park Station (Platform 2) to be extended.

Rog H K

Great news for Exeter City fans and the local St James Residence. Platform 2 to be extended. More stopping trains at SJP and easier alighting and boarding soon.

Well done to Councillor Cllr Sue Aves from the St James/Sidwell ward and her colleagues. GWR and Network rail and all those who supported my petetiton that achieved just round 1000 signatures. Fan power!

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/st-james-park-station-finally-2452635

ExeterCityLad

Great news for Exeter City fans and the local St James Residence. Platform 2 to be extended. More stopping trains at SJP and easier alighting and boarding soon.

Well done to Councillor Cllr Sue Aves from the St James/Sidwell ward and her colleagues. GWR and Network rail and all those who supported my petetiton that achieved just round 1000 signatures. Fan power!

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/st-james-park-station-finally-2452635
About time too!!

Rog H K

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Good stuff - and will this mean an end to the farce of SJP station being out of use when both City and the Chiefs are at home?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hearty congrats to our Mr RHK. I, 4-1, salute you sir! (y)

Although "no date yet set" .... is it likely to be before or after the Dawlish seawall "upgrade"...perhaps our Jason could give his chum Mr Grayling a nudge?

The usual "quality" reportage from DL. Class 158's FFS????. About as rarely seen in these parts as the Lesser Spotted Left-Winged Pengelly Falcon.

Now, if we're talking space for the 159s on the Waterloo line to make a brief pause...well, that might make our East Devon friends happy after all these years.

Stelios

This is fantastic news.

However, I will believe it when I see it (and use it).

manc grecian

Great stuff. Would never have happened under Tisdale

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is fantastic news.

However, I will believe it when I see it (and use it).
Me too. It was being discussed when I lived in Powderham Crescent in 1973 so it's taken 45+ years to get this far.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hearty congrats to our Mr RHK. I, 4-1, salute you sir! (y)

Although "no date yet set" .... is it likely to be before or after the Dawlish seawall "upgrade"...perhaps our Jason could give his chum Mr Grayling a nudge?

The usual "quality" reportage from DL. Class 158's FFS????. About as rarely seen in these parts as the Lesser Spotted Left-Winged Pengelly Falcon.

Now, if we're talking space for the 159s on the Waterloo line to make a brief pause...well, that might make our East Devon friends happy after all these years.
There is at least one 3 car 158 set already in service down here but the guard on my train last week told me more are being cascaded soon. I will again believe this when it happens, though in theory all the old rattle-trap Pacers (class 143) have to be withdrawn by the end of this year as they don't meet disabled access rules.

For those who are interested, some of the HSTs are going to be redeployed with 4 Standard and no 1st class coaches, after being modified at Doncaster with automatic doors, to Penzance - Bristol - Cardiff semi-fast services. No current plans for us to get Turbos, I fear.

Red Devon

Would be very good if SWR would make it a stop as well.