• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County versus Exeter City matchday thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Safe travels to the 600 plus Grecians. Looking forward to seeing how the new signings get on, though the conditions will probably suit Bowman more than the fast, direct younger players.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Depending on who plays when, the team will need some time to jell.
However, I confidently perdict a 2-1 win.
Safe journey and bring back the points, lads...

Grecian Exile

There's been three rugby matches at Rodney Parade in the last eight days 11th - 18th. Was at yesterdays Dragons match and the pitch will be fine, though there has been a small amount of rain overnight and some possible showers today leading up to the match.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Exciting times! Hope we feel that come 5pm. Half tempted to change all my plans for the day and jump on a train to Newport.

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2019/01/18/next-up-newport-county-vs-exeter-city-2/

IndoMike

Exciting times! Hope we feel that come 5pm. Half tempted to change all my plans for the day and jump on a train to Newport.

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2019/01/18/next-up-newport-county-vs-exeter-city-2/
Me too. I've come over all funny...

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Me too. I've come over all funny...
Who's funny?

Back to the match. With yesterdays rain and the rugga being played last night Id imagine the pitch is ******. Maybe a game for Tillson

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who's funny?

Back to the match. With yesterdays rain and the rugga being played last night Id imagine the pitch is ******. Maybe a game for Tillson
Who would you leave out to play Tillson ?

Jake Taylor is odds on to play as is Collins.

Grecian Max

It’s never a game for Tilson.

Temporarily Exiled

Line-up really is anyone's guess today. I'd like to see the new recruits, but it might be a little early for Williams and Brown. My prediction:

Pym
Sweeney - O'Shea - Moxey - Woodman
Wilson - Taylor - Collins - Law
L. Martin
Bowden​

Bench: Hamon, A. Martin, Oates, Tillson, Williams, Jay, Forte.

I think Bowden will be more effective on a pitch that might be a little cut up, so that's why I can see him replacing Forte in the starting XI. While Holmes is fit (and effective), is it worth risking him if the pitch is in poor condition? Wouldn't be too surprised to see Williams start and Oates over Brown on the bench.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's Bowman.

Also the signing of Williams frees Law up to play in the middle (probably won't happen today though), our midfield is going to be a tough one for the manager to pick

Last edited: