• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Macclesfield Away - Tuesday 9 April (new date!)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will be my first visit to Moss Rose.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Macclesfield Away - Tuesday 12 March

Yep, defo going to this one.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Cash on the night only. Not sure from reading this whether we get to stand or not https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/-away-ticket-news-macclesfield-town-120319/

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

No chance with this one.

Oldsmobile-88

Cash on the night only. Not sure from reading this whether we get to stand or not https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/-away-ticket-news-macclesfield-town-120319/
We will be sat down..Macclesfield will not open the away terrace for the amount of Grecians that will be at this game,plus we did not open the away end for their visit & generally reciprocate when that happens.

Legohead

Banned

Possibility for me. Short(ish) drive over the peak from east side to west although the Macc to Buxton road at 10 o clock at night doesn't seem too appealing.

Oldsmobile-88

I was reminded of a fact i had forgotten despite being in attendance.The Grecians played in the 1st ever FL fixture at Moss Rose on 1/9/90 for a 3rd Division(L1) game against Chester.
Chester were groundsharing with Macclesfield after vacating their ground in Chester the previous May.
For the record Scott Hiley who did not score many goals got the 1st FL goal there(I think Danny Bailey got the other,but I will have to check my Rothmans to be sure) in a 2-1 win.

Red Devon

Wasn’t it at Moss Rose where Steve Flack went cap in hand for a goal celebration back in the noughties

Oldsmobile-88

Wasn’t it at Moss Rose where Steve Flack went cap in hand for a goal celebration back in the noughties
Yes it was.
We have not played too often at Moss Rose,but a bit of Grecian history there..

Legohead

Banned

Deffo for me now. Chuck 2 on the attendance. Spoke to the club about a separate issue but asked them about the arrangements on the night and they are not opening the terrace for this one so we're all in the seating area. Just confirming what Olds said a few posts up.

Last edited: