Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomorrow’s game - Gordon

Re: Tomorrow’s game - Gordon

Always sad to lose one of the Grecian family. RIP Gordon.

I too knew Gordon and like TMA I didn't know his surname, his phone number or much else about him frankly. But I understood he'd been watching City since the late 60s and certainly he'd been there for good and bad times since I met him in 2001. I've missed very few homes games since 2008 and nor did he. From the 2-0 defeat in the mud at home to Canvey Island in 2005, to the doubles over Argyle, including the brace from Watkins in 2016 (from the ridiculous to the sublime in a few minutes), he was there far more often than not.

The last time I saw him was when we beat Yeovil 2-1 on Boxing Day with a late Stockley winner. It'll always be a poignant moment in my memory now. RIP Gordon.

He always seemed like a good chap. It's sadly a very young age these days. Hope his friends and family are doing ok.

Quote Originally Posted by that man again View Post
    On the left hand side of you were to look up from the pitch. So on the side of ‘the jungle.’ We stand at the end of the stand about 2/3 of the way up
    I stand just behind you so must have seen Gordon on numerous occasions without ever 'knowing' him.

It's strange how you see the same faces regularly at SJP without knowing anything about them, but you all are linked by one thing - ECFC.