Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank You Letters

Re: Thank You Letters

Like nearly everyone else on this thread I too was delighted to receive my badge. I'd concur with what several people have said about the Club and the Trust, it's unrecognisable as the same beast that the then 211 members were told by a previous Director "Amateurs can't run football clubs". Dead right, John, you couldn't!

A very thoughtful gesture and post ....and a special 'Thank You' to you David .......and the likes of Ian Huxham , Roger Hamilton-Kendal, Roger Monksummers , Barry Sansom and those that followed such as Frances Farley , Denise Watts , Paul Farley and many others ( too many to mention ) who gave of themselves purely and simply because they didn't want the club to die. That initial period was absolutely 'key' ...and are akin to the principle of the acorn and oak tree. Without you and such as those mentioned ......there would be no ECFC ....uniquely 'trading in the black'. Hopefully my post hasn't offended others I could have listed...In that respect those such as dear Dacre Holloway spring to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Dale View Post
    A very thoughtful gesture and post ....and a special 'Thank You' to you David .......and the likes of Ian Huxham , Roger Hamilton-Kendal, Roger Monksummers , Barry Sansom and those that followed such as Frances Farley , Denise Watts , Paul Farley and many others ( too many to mention ) who gave of themselves purely and simply because they didn't want the club to die. That initial period was absolutely 'key' ...and are akin to the principle of the acorn and oak tree. Without you and such as those mentioned ......there would be no ECFC ....uniquely 'trading in the black'. Hopefully my post hasn't offended others I could have listed...In that respect those such as dear Dacre Holloway spring to mind.

Gordon,

Your words are very much appreciated.

Andy