• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A day off: Matchday thread

Temporarily Exiled

We usually get a good amount of chat about other fixtures on matchday threads, but seeing as we're not playing today, I figured having a place to talk about today's games in our division (and FA Cup games) wouldn't be a bad thing.

League Two
Cambridge United v Stevenage
Carlisle United v Mansfield Town
Colchester United v Notts County
Crawley Town v Cheltenham Town
Macclesfield Town v Swindon Town
Morecambe v Crewe Alexandra
Yeovil Town v Bury

FA Cup
Tranmere 0–7 Tottenham (04/01)
Everton v Lincoln
Newport v Leicester (16:30, 06/01)

Also of interest
Exmouth Town v Millbrook (2:15 PM)
Preston North End v Swansea City
Torquay United v Slough Town
Exeter City Ladies v Callington (2 PM, 06/01)

Friends, Grecians, give me your score predictions.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Doctor Dave is late with his barometer :(

David Treharne

It's currently 25c in downtown Exeter. We are covered by a high pressure zone so there's practically no wind. We've had no rainfall for 28 consecutive days and there's unbroken sunshine with very little cloud cover. City players are currently desporting themselves on the beach. Meanwhile in Torquay, it's a chilly 5c with the wind blowing gently from WNW and there's 70% grey cloud cover. There's been no rain in the last 24 hours. Plainmoor is looking about as good as it's ever going to get and the crowd at Torquay will be swollen by disgruntled Argyle supporters, whose Manager has gone off to Scotland to scout the next big think in defenders to plug a leaky defence.

[Note to Alistair]: Was this the sort of thing you had in mind ?

P.S. Torquay to extend their unbeaten run.

Bongo1959

I reckon spurs will win 7-0

Last edited:

Corey

Stockley won’t be playing for Preston today as he already played in the cup for us and is cup tied

Temporarily Exiled

I've ballsed up and put next week's PNE fixture in the main post.

PNE are playing Doncaster in the FA Cup tomorrow, Swansea play Villa today (Grimes watch).

100milesaway

We usually get a good amount of chat about other fixtures on matchday threads, but seeing as we're not playing today, I figured having a place to talk about today's games in our division (and FA Cup games) wouldn't be a bad thing.

League Two
Cambridge United v Stevenage
Carlisle United v Mansfield Town
Colchester United v Notts County
Crawley Town v Cheltenham Town
Macclesfield Town v Swindon Town
Morecambe v Crewe Alexandra
Yeovil Town v Bury

FA Cup
Tranmere 0–7 Tottenham (04/01)
Everton v Lincoln
Newport v Leicester (16:30, 06/01)

Also of interest
Exmouth Town v Millbrook (2:15 PM)
Preston North End v Swansea City
Torquay United v Slough Town
Exeter City Ladies v Callington (2 PM, 06/01)

Friends, Grecians, give me your score predictions.
Exmouth Town appears to be going well
I remember watching them in the mid 80s when they twice won the league and got to the FA VASE semi final.

I recall they had a 5 year plan to improve the ground and gain promotion! It seems it’s taken 33 years so far!! But good to see them doing well again.

Oldsmobile-88

Waiting at Polsloe Bridge halt..Because the Chiefs are home today,the train I was getting to Exmouth did not stop(4 carriages half empty!)..Next one is at 1330,glad I bought my hip flask..

Alistair20000

It's currently 25c in downtown Exeter. We are covered by a high pressure zone so there's practically no wind. We've had no rainfall for 28 consecutive days and there's unbroken sunshine with very little cloud cover. City players are currently desporting themselves on the beach. Meanwhile in Torquay, it's a chilly 5c with the wind blowing gently from WNW and there's 70% grey cloud cover. There's been no rain in the last 24 hours. Plainmoor is looking about as good as it's ever going to get and the crowd at Torquay will be swollen by disgruntled Argyle supporters, whose Manager has gone off to Scotland to scout the next big think in defenders to plug a leaky defence.

[Note to Alistair]: Was this the sort of thing you had in mind ?

P.S. Torquay to extend their unbeaten run.
Good stuff David (clap)

Fake weather news ?

Oldsmobile-88

On the 1330 now,the irony being it is packed solid..