• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Could you ?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Prior to the Man City v Liverpool game the other night I heard some ManU fans being asked,on the radio, who they wanted to win. One chap said he hated the idea of Liverpool winning the league so much that he was going to buy a pale blue City shirt just for the day of the match. So.....

If it came to it and the Turks were playing the Gargs for a league title could you bring yourself to purchase a yellow shirt to show your support....or, heaven forbid, a green one if you were that way inclined ?

Could you ?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am laughing reasonably hard at the suggestion that the Gargs might challenge for any sort of league title. (rofl)

Buying a green shirt would be just wrong. :mad:

Grecian68

Prior to the Man City v Liverpool game the other night I heard some ManU fans being asked,on the radio, who they wanted to win. One chap said he hated the idea of Liverpool winning the league so much that he was going to buy a pale blue City shirt just for the day of the match. So.....

If it came to it and the Turks were playing the Gargs for a league title could you bring yourself to purchase a yellow shirt to show your support....or, heaven forbid, a green one if you were that way inclined ?

Could you ?
Not a chance, won’t wear green, won’t drink through a green straw, or eat from a green bowl.

fred binneys head

Never. I would be supporting Torquay avidly, but I wouldn’t buy a yellow shirt - what’s the point?

I would always support anyone other than argyle.

Antony Moxey

I’d hope for a dire game with loads of injuries and cards. I couldn’t bring myself to support either under any circumstance.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep.That's where I am. I wouldn't even follow the unlikely event whilst it was in progress let alone support either of them.

Stelios

The lesser of two evils is still evil........ I would just pretend it wasn't happening. (But yes, I would be supporting Torquay).

The Man U fans seem more obsessed with having won more league titles than Liverpool and having "knocked them off their perch" than anything else. They're desperate for them not to catch up. The rivalry just grew and grew under Fergie.

They used to be the biggest club in the country. Now they're not even the biggest club in Manchester........

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
They used to be the biggest club in the country. Now they're not even the biggest club in Manchester........
Well of course that is nonsense, unless you equate "big" with "most money thrown at them by dodgy foreign governments".