• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Backroom staff

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

malcolms

One of the major weaknesses of the previous regime was its complete lack of interest in scouting promising players from other clubs. I choose to believe that it was basically laziness (it's tough getting to two or three other games in a week whilst managing a club) It seems that Matt T has recognised this and I would like to think we are in the process of setting up a network of guys who can begin to feed information into the club, rather than relying on receiving doctored videos from agents keen to promote their clients. An integrated strategy that involves developing your own young players whilst trying to bring in others who have been partly developed is the balance that we need.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully will lead to more Wheeler's than Simpson's coming to the club

Boyo

One of the major weaknesses of the previous regime was its complete lack of interest in scouting promising players from other clubs. I choose to believe that it was basically laziness (it's tough getting to two or three other games in a week whilst managing a club) It seems that Matt T has recognised this and I would like to think we are in the process of setting up a network of guys who can begin to feed information into the club, rather than relying on receiving doctored videos from agents keen to promote their clients. An integrated strategy that involves developing your own young players whilst trying to bring in others who have been partly developed is the balance that we need.
Malc – are you going to volunteer for some scouting? I believe you get to your share of local games in your area and you seem to know your onions. We all know you want to 

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Malc – are you going to volunteer for some scouting? I believe you get to your share of local games in your area and you seem to know your onions. We all know you want to 
This regime may even listen to you this time.

malcolms

I spend lots of time overseas on business so couldn't really be relied on. There are plenty of people who could do a job and know what they are talking about. It wouldn't cost much either..As I said loads of times, I rarely, if ever, see anyone representing City at second team and development team games, certainly around London and the South East and this is where you can pick up the players of real promise.

cambmike

Big fan of Wayno. Is he the one that will bring Ryan Bowman on. Not clear who has been the main coach for strikers and attacking midfield - Watkins, Wheeler, Stockley.

andrew p long

Really pleased with this. I felt we were at least one short in the back room team and that Wayne Carlisle was a bit underused. Transfer dealings are quite complex nowadays ( a sell on clause for Tomlinson if he comes? If Bowman asked for a 250k release clause should we agree it? And that is all on top of transfer fee, wages and length of contract)

It is immensely to MT’s credit that he has recognised this need and done something about it.

Stelios

Can someone copy and paste the main bits please? My browser goes into meltdown when I click on that site.

dontpassback

Really pleased with this. I felt we were at least one short in the back room team and that Wayne Carlisle was a bit underused. Transfer dealings are quite complex nowadays ( a sell on clause for Tomlinson if he comes? If Bowman asked for a 250k release clause should we agree it? And that is all on top of transfer fee, wages and length of contract)

It is immensely to MT’s credit that he has recognised this need and done something about it.
I too like Wayne Carlisle and he will be a good coach for us,as an aside I think Malcolm is correct about the scouting network of the previous regime,or rather the lack of it !