Thread: Cricket 2019

Cricket 2019

Never too early to start thinking about cricket! Somerset's championship year?

Re: Cricket 2019

Off to see Oz vs India on Friday the 4th as part of Test match. Oz currently 2-1 down. I have been told by my cricketing friends to bring some sandpaper to wave when Oz get a wicket

Quote Originally Posted by Avening Posse View Post
    Off to see Oz vs India on Friday the 4th as part of Test match. Oz currently 2-1 down. I have been told by my cricketing friends to bring some sandpaper to wave when Oz get a wicket
    Must have been a very satisfying watching the Indians totally grind the "baggy greens" noses into the pitch, amassing 622 runs ! Looks like the first ever Indian series win in Oz is nailed on, particularly after taking 6 wickets in a truncated Day 3.

Personally I might have been tempted not to declare, and carry on piling the runs on and totally humiliating the cheating barstewards ! I suppose if the weather holds up, it gives them a good chance of a 3-1 win though !

Typical Australian summer, ended up losing the best part of two days. Shame, I think India would've comfortably won the final test had it gone the distance.

Also a shame because I stayed up to try and watch it play out.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

England in the West Indies starting soon.....

See we walloped some side in a warm up game yesterday in terms of bowling them out.....

I reckon the side will be....

Burns
    Jennings (how he is ever an international batsman I will never know)
    Bairstow
    Root
    Stokes
    Ali
    Butler
    Foakes
    Curran
    Broad
    Anderson

These days in the Windies we *may* look to a second spinner, in which case probably Leach in for one of Curran or Broad. Otherwise I agree.