• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Safe travels everyone; will be interesting to see which of our youngsters and which of our more experienced players are selected.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will be popping along to this later. Winnable if we can put the all in the back of the net!

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/12/31/next-up-swindon-town-vs-exeter-city-2/

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Given the transfer news for Jayden, I wonder if we'll see him play?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sorry, statement not true! So deleted. :(

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Can’t imagine he would play or be selected...all of a sudden looks a harder game now

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Safe travels everyone; will be interesting to see which of our youngsters and which of our more experienced players are selected.
Not far for me this time. Anyone see a George Clooney lookalike wearing a black duffle coat give me a wave. ;)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Stockley isn't going to be selected today I'd like to see a front two of either Forte and Abrahams or Forte and Ogbene

If we went with Forte and Ogbene we would probably have the quickest front line in league two which isn't a bad starting point after possibly losing your best striker.

Before anyone says it I appreciate Ogbene is regarded as a wide player however I think he could be a real threat down the middle.

If we'd lost Stockley in January last season our options would have been Brunt, Simpson, Jay or McAlinden, clearly we have better options now.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Not far for me this time. Anyone see a George Clooney lookalike wearing a black duffle coat give me a wave. ;)
"... and introduce me to him." ;)

Temporarily Exiled

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Stockley on the bench, or even starting - sure he has permission to talk to other clubs, but it's hardly like we want him to leave anyway. I'd like to see Abrahams starting up top again, but the question is who to partner him with? He and Forte play a similar game, and I wouldn't start MJ in a game that's might be quite heated.

StroudGrecian

Sorry, statement not true! So deleted. :(
Think we'd lose about 80% of exeweb content if everyone took this attitude Hants!

BIG game today - Swindon not on a great run of form but earned a very decent point at Mansfield last time out, and obviously the Stockley situation will affect our game today.

Personally I hope Stockley features but if not it will be interesting to see who we start with (Abrahams and Ogbene?) and how well they do - barometer for the rest of the season perhaps. Come on City.

Last edited: