• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Swindon away - 1 / 1 / 2019

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd go:

Pym

Sweeney A Martin O'Shea Moxey

Collins (holding)

Taylor Law

Ogbene Holmes (out wide)

Stockley

I think this team has a nice balance with nearly all of the players playing in their favoured positions.

Tempted to leave Hartridge in however I think Aaron Martin needs to come back in, the last few games have proved he isn't the problem, he lacks pace however he gives us height and presence at the back. Sweeney keeps his place, just. Woodman is decent on the ball however defensively he is so frail.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pym

Oates A Martin Moxey Hartridge

Taylor Collins Law Holmes

Stockley Forte

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pym

Oates A Martin Moxey Hartridge

Taylor Collins Law Holmes

Stockley Forte
I see you dropped O'Shea at the last minute ! Harsh as he's looked good.

Forte seems to be in the dog house with Taylor and Oates doesn't seem to be trusted.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Forte seems to be in the dog house with Taylor and Oates doesn't seem to be trusted.
I'm not really dropping O'Shea, but think Moxey does quite well at centre back and don't want Moxey at left back :). You're right about Oates but he hasn't done badly when playing in those cup thingies, and I think Sweeney needs a break and a little reminder. Hartridge is young and one of our own : I'd like to see him get a run - see what he's made of. Sooner or later Forte has to play , assuming he's fit. I think Stockley and Forte with Law supporting and Holmes on the wing works well. So I'm just strengthening our midfield a bit. Wouldn't object to Martin coming in instead of Jake.

Last edited:

denzel

Pym
Sweeney Martin Moxey Woody
Holmes Collins Law Taylor
Ogbene
Stockley/ Bowman

Exehausted

Pym
Sweeney O'Shea Moxey Hartridge
Holmes Collins Law Taylor
L Martin
Stockley/Bowman/Forte

Exehausted

Apparently A. Martin had a big falling out with Matt after he criticised him for that poor header against Bury, so he won't be playing either.

Alistair20000

Forte seems to be in the dog house with Taylor
Is that why you left him out TPC or was your line up a free choice ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is that why you left him out TPC or was your line up a free choice ?
I rate Forte and we have seen what he can do however he seems low on confidence at the moment and away from home I'd rather load the midfield, when we go 4 - 4 - 2 we seem to be weak in the centre of midfield and often get overrun.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently A. Martin had a big falling out with Matt after he criticised him for that poor header against Bury, so he won't be playing either.
I've just watched the goals from that game and I cannot see a poor header from Martin that leads to one of their two goals.

Personally I think Taylor has been harsh on Martin, for me he has been our best defender this season, Sweeney has made a shed load of errors however he seems to be nailed on to start week in week out, Moxey has also made plenty of mistakes especially when he has played at left back, obviously Taylor needs to be careful how he handles things.

Last edited: