• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Hartridge

budegrecian

I always like to see a new thread for an academy player who makes his debut & Alex's performance in today's, quite extraordinary, match certainly merits one IMO.
I thought his performance was excellent, even though Grimsby clearly tried to test him out in the first 20 mins of the game with their winger taking him on at every opportunity but failing to beat him every time.
He looks very composed, has a bit of pace, made an excellent clearing header from almost under the bar, passed forward & accurately & was worthy of his place in the side. Tougher challenges await, but an excellent debut &, by the looks of it, yet another gem from the academy.

Saint James

Fantastic performance given he's just back from injury and making his league debut. Looked as if he had made at least 50 appearances he was so composed on the ball with excellent passing throughout. I would like to see him retained for the next game.

Stelios

Wasn't he partly to blame for the 1st goal? Didn't clear it initially when he had a chance?

Very encouraging performance though. Looks physically strong. Not someone who needs a year or two to 'bulk out' like some youth players. A few times it seemed he looked for a pass rather than a hoof which was very encouraging. He has a nice 'ping' to his passing. There were a few stray/aimless balls too though (although no more than other players). It wasn't easy for him at times when Jake Taylor was in front of him on the left of midfield. Jake doesn't seem to know much about wing play (you need to run Jake).

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looked really solid, had a good touch, good in the air and put his foot through it reliably and could pick a pass as well... that said, think he'll evolve into a centre half rather than a full back. Looked big and powerful, but not that sprightly up and down the wing. Would've liked to see him overlapping a bit and getting more crosses in, especially when they were pegged back, 2nd half. The new JMT, he looks.

David Treharne

The new JMT, he looks.
Couldn't you just let him be Alex Hartridge? Comparisons are odious.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Couldn't you just let him be Alex Hartridge? Comparisons are odious.
He is Alex Hartridge. His game reminds me of Jordan Moore-Taylor. Odious? Get a grip.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very impressed, always though he was a centre half but played well at LB. good throw as well.

dontpassback

Looks a good player and he certainly didn’t look out of place in the first team,well done Alex,here’s to plenty more games for us :$

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some Sunny Day's Alex Hartridge as I like to think of him. (y)

A few mistakes early on but seemed to learn from them and grew in confidence as the game went on. Often in thick of it and acquitted himself well, I thought.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great. Like a new signing - a la Storey..