• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Archie Collins

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
No thread yet that I can see for Archie. Worth noting that he hasn't had the easiest start this season; aside from the Checkatrade nonsense his first start was away to a Premiership team, he then played against Tranmere where we were battered out of the game, Blackpool where the whole team were over-run in the first half and last Saturday where the conditions weren't exactly easy. Given all that I think he has done very well and I thought he really grew into the game against Crewe and would like to see him have a run in the side ahead of Jordan Tillson.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
No thread yet that I can see for Archie. Worth noting that he hasn't had the easiest start this season; aside from the Checkatrade nonsense his first start was away to a Premiership team, he then played against Tranmere where we were battered out of the game, Blackpool where the whole team were over-run in the first half and last Saturday where the conditions weren't exactly easy. Given all that I think he has done very well and I thought he really grew into the game against Crewe and would like to see him have a run in the side ahead of Jordan Tillson.
Amen brother.....

Grecian2K

Time for a "bump" perhaps?

Now he's getting the chance and beginning to get regular selection dare we begin to dream that young Archie might possibly be on course to be the next valuable product from the Academy production line?

iscalad

Has played well the last few games.

manc grecian

Got stuck in today in addition to his quality on the ball. Looks a prospect

STURTZ

Big improvement on Tillson but has still got a lot to learn. Like to see him run with the ball a bit, we know he has it in him.

Last edited:

Dubai Grecian

Great performance today, particularly in the first half, won those 50:50s and broke up play well. Going forward showed good strength and vision, a real prospect

budegrecian

Differing views on his performance, on the match day thread, but for me he had a decent game today & i'm seeing a slight improvement everytime he plays.
He is currently worthy of his first team place & with a further run of games could be a real asset come the end of the season. However, with Boateng hopefully on his way back & the possibility of a signing in the January window, his game time may reduce somewhat. Nonetheless he is now a valuable member of our squad.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Like him. Kept it really simple today plus got stuck in and I’d definitely have him in there ahead of Tillson.

Early days but looks a promising player and hopefully he can become a regular over the next couple seasons.

scottus86

Collins is the player Tillson needed to be. He does everything Tillson does defensively but is also comfortable on the ball and able to pass and is perhaps instructed to keep it simple so he can settle in to the professional game.

He is only 19 and has only played a few professional games. Once he has the number of appearances in the first team Tillson has had, he'll be miles ahead of him.