• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crewe Alexandra Match Day Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Three points to get us going again today please.

UTC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Back to winning ways? Luke Croll might be starting, so that'll be the only change in the Bury finishing XI I think.

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/12/13/next-up-exeter-city-vs-crewe-alexandra-3/

Banksy

Come on you Reds.Please squeeze out a win today anyhow you like , we're due one surely.

David Treharne

Later, due to Christmas jollities, as I've just woken up. It's a foul morning, and has been raining since 03:00. The wind is a strong SSE,and despite the direction which ought to make it warmer, and despite being 8c, it feels much colder, in fact not much above where we were yesterday. There's 100% grey cloud cover and it's currently drizzling. We've had 9mm of rain in the last 24 hours, (see above) and there's no sign of the weather improving, or the rain stopping. Barometric pressure is low and not moving. Just another jolly pre Christmas day. As for the match itself and its outcome, who knows? Where's the coffee?

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Despite the wettage will the sprinklers be switched on ?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Called in earlier this morning and tbh the pitch looked really good and no sign of the puddle on the corner of the BB and the Doble which has been there for a while so well done to the groundstaff for either sorting the drainage or putting more material in there.
UTC.

StroudGrecian

I'm not prone to histrionics but we desperately need a win today. It's been over two months since we last won a league match (1-0 home win v Swindon on 13 October, in case you can't remember), since then just 4 points out of a possible 24. So disappointing after our terrific start to the season. Need to get back on track today or even the play-offs will begin to look remote. Come on City.

Alistair20000

I'm not prone to histrionics
Maybe not on this thread :)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ignore the hangover and the weather, postpone that ghastly shopping 'mare and get yourselves down to the park to watch us thrash those northerners to push us back up the table. 5-0 to the Grecians, don't miss it.

Don't even spare a thought for us saddo workers trying to follow the fun on Exeweb.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Need to steady the ship today and get back on track - 2-1 City - Lets hope the weather does not affect it too much - COYR