• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury 2-0 Exeter a neutral's view

d3d4football

Hi all,

Our roving reporter (actually a Rotherham fan) was at Gigg Lane yesterday and offered this report on the game:

http://d3d4football.com/bury-2-0-exeter-city-match-report/

Hope you find it interesting if not enjoyable.

James

Saint James

Hard to take anything out of a report that basically said not a lot? Sorry but impossible to find it interesting!

100milesaway

It looked very wet in Bury

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I await with interest Pate’s view on the “wonderful save” from Jayden’s penalty.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I await with interest Pate’s view on the “wonderful save” from Jayden’s penalty.
Quite simply it was a crap penalty; Nothing wonderful about that routine save. Despite all of Stockleys aggression when placing the ball on the spot, the keeper couldnt help but save the shot, he nearly overdived!

I'm more concerned about the "Supurb effort from distance around the outstretched arm of Pym" for their first goal? I didnt see Pym outstretch anything. An unobstructed shot from outside the penalty warranted at least some effort IMHO.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quite simply it was a crap penalty; Nothing wonderful about that routine save. Despite all of Stockleys aggression when placing the ball on the spot, the keeper couldnt help but save the shot, he nearly overdived!

I'm more concerned about the "Supurb effort from distance around the outstretched arm of Pym" for their first goal? I didnt see Pym outstretch anything. An unobstructed shot from outside the penalty warranted at least some effort IMHO.
I was sat right behind the goal and couldn't see the ball clearly as there were a host of defenders impeding the view. Christy may have had a better view but given how well it was hit there was no way he could have saved it. No fault on Christy there.