• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 18/19

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I know this is a bit late in terms of our involvement, but I've got a bit of a personal interest in the competition still - someone who as a kid used to play Cricket under my stewardship has broken into the Woking first XI this season and will be hoping for a big tie in the 3rd round after they won at Swindon yesterday (he missed out yesterday due to suspension).

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good result for Southport at Tranmere,I would imagine the replay will be televised on BT sport...Winners pick up around £50k for a 2nd round progression iirc..

les.gtfc

Not often that I'm interested in The FA Cup 3rd Round draw recently. In 2 minds whether we want a big club away or a lower team at home to give us more chance of making the next round, Knowing us though we'll probably get Accrington Stanley or Wimbledon away!

Oldsmobile-88

A nice day out in South London Les.

The draw makes the Southport v Tranmere replay more interesting.

les.gtfc

A nice day out in South London Les.

The draw makes the Southport v Tranmere replay more interesting.
Fairly happy with the draw. My brother lives down in Surrey so will be a weekend down there I would think.

He used to live literally within 10 minutes walk of Selhurst Park before they moved a few years back.

Alistair20000

If only we had beaten Blackpool and then Solihull Moors we would be having a visit from the Gooners.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know this is a bit late in terms of our involvement, but I've got a bit of a personal interest in the competition still - someone who as a kid used to play Cricket under my stewardship has broken into the Woking first XI this season and will be hoping for a big tie in the 3rd round after they won at Swindon yesterday (he missed out yesterday due to suspension).
Think I know who your prodigy is - he's done well for Woking this season having seen a number of games.

Woking is a buzz with excitement at the draw. First 3rd round match for 22 years. The magic of the Cup is alive and well, in North West Surrey anyway.

Glad that BT are televising it, every £ counts. Disgrace that BBC have chosen Wolves (reserves) v Liverpool (reserves); entirely, if depressingly, predictable that BT have also chosen Man U v Reading - they do have advertising and overseas feeds to sell.

les.gtfc

What clown decided Man Utd v Reading deserves to be screened live. A has-been Premier League team v a struggling Championship one.

I also can't see the point of Wolves v Liverpool. That fixture already happens twice this season.

Plenty of other ties more worthy of a live showing than those two.

DB9

What clown decided Man Utd v Reading deserves to be screened live. A has-been Premier League team v a struggling Championship one.

I also can't see the point of Wolves v Liverpool. That fixture already happens twice this season.

Agree, The other TV ties have the PL clubs away from home so can see that, Don't you think they get enough TV money already?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster

On Man U, it is a sad fact that any game involving them has a relatively big audience. Suspect having one of the broadcasters televise it, helps the FA's overseas rights too.

The BBC is more unforgiveable. They aren't supposed to be chasing ratings but the 'good of the competition'. They send cameras to every round from August and do a live feed and commentary on the red button of all the qualifying rounds (Lymington v Torquay as an example). They then have a big love in with all the small clubs on the 3rd round draw programme. Then when it comes to choosing a match, they show a non-event that not even the managers of the teams playing will care too much about.