Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup 18/19

FA Cup 18/19

I know this is a bit late in terms of our involvement, but I've got a bit of a personal interest in the competition still - someone who as a kid used to play Cricket under my stewardship has broken into the Woking first XI this season and will be hoping for a big tie in the 3rd round after they won at Swindon yesterday (he missed out yesterday due to suspension).

Re: FA Cup 18/19

Good result for Southport at Tranmere,I would imagine the replay will be televised on BT sport...Winners pick up around 50k for a 2nd round progression iirc..

Not often that I'm interested in The FA Cup 3rd Round draw recently. In 2 minds whether we want a big club away or a lower team at home to give us more chance of making the next round, Knowing us though we'll probably get Accrington Stanley or Wimbledon away!

A nice day out in South London Les.

The draw makes the Southport v Tranmere replay more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
    A nice day out in South London Les.

The draw makes the Southport v Tranmere replay more interesting.
    Fairly happy with the draw. My brother lives down in Surrey so will be a weekend down there I would think.

He used to live literally within 10 minutes walk of Selhurst Park before they moved a few years back.

If only we had beaten Blackpool and then Solihull Moors we would be having a visit from the Gooners.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    I know this is a bit late in terms of our involvement, but I've got a bit of a personal interest in the competition still - someone who as a kid used to play Cricket under my stewardship has broken into the Woking first XI this season and will be hoping for a big tie in the 3rd round after they won at Swindon yesterday (he missed out yesterday due to suspension).
    Think I know who your prodigy is - he's done well for Woking this season having seen a number of games.

Woking is a buzz with excitement at the draw. First 3rd round match for 22 years. The magic of the Cup is alive and well, in North West Surrey anyway.

Glad that BT are televising it, every counts. Disgrace that BBC have chosen Wolves (reserves) v Liverpool (reserves); entirely, if depressingly, predictable that BT have also chosen Man U v Reading - they do have advertising and overseas feeds to sell.

What clown decided Man Utd v Reading deserves to be screened live. A has-been Premier League team v a struggling Championship one.

I also can't see the point of Wolves v Liverpool. That fixture already happens twice this season.

Plenty of other ties more worthy of a live showing than those two.

Quote Originally Posted by les.gtfc View Post
    What clown decided Man Utd v Reading deserves to be screened live. A has-been Premier League team v a struggling Championship one.

I also can't see the point of Wolves v Liverpool. That fixture already happens twice this season.

Agree, The other TV ties have the PL clubs away from home so can see that, Don't you think they get enough TV money already?

Quote Originally Posted by les.gtfc View Post

On Man U, it is a sad fact that any game involving them has a relatively big audience. Suspect having one of the broadcasters televise it, helps the FA's overseas rights too.

The BBC is more unforgiveable. They aren't supposed to be chasing ratings but the 'good of the competition'. They send cameras to every round from August and do a live feed and commentary on the red button of all the qualifying rounds (Lymington v Torquay as an example). They then have a big love in with all the small clubs on the 3rd round draw programme. Then when it comes to choosing a match, they show a non-event that not even the managers of the teams playing will care too much about.