• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Bury away - 8 / 12 / 2018

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
After the poor performance on Tuesday I'd go with:

Pym

Oates Martin O'Shea Moxey

Taylor Law Collins or Lee Martin (three central midfielders)

Ogbene Abrahams (both playing as wide men)

Stockley

Sweeney needs to be left out, he's been very poor for 4 - 6 weeks. Oates should be given a chance otherwise there is no point in him being here. Law needs a run of games in the middle, we need to start bossing the midfield again hence why I would go with three in there.

Last edited:

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Holmes for Abrahams only change from yours PC

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Holmes for Abrahams only change from yours PC
You could well be right Manc.

Leaving Holmes out was a tough call as he was one of our better performers against Macclesfield and he has put in a lot of decent crosses this season, all in all he's had a decent season. I just fancied a bit more pace, power and aggression in the side.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hope we get to see Archie Collins again soon. Bury away on a wet and cold December Saturday will be a good experience if not for the travelling fans!

GJW

Agree that Holmes should be added. I know it probably won’t happen but I’d give Taylor a break.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster

Pym

Stockley

My only concern would be the end product we get from Ogbene and Abrahams I’d personally stick with Forte over Abrahams for this match.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

Pym

Stockley

My only concern would be the end product we get from Ogbene and Abrahams I’d personally stick with Forte over Abrahams for this match.
I like Forte however he's an out and out striker imho, we need to bulk up the midfield which means we can't have two out and out strikers for Bury away.

scottus86

I think the formation is a good one that suits our squad. I'd probably choose Martin over Collins as he wants to play that role and might actually start trying to look like the footballer he was at Gillingham. I too would worry about both Abrahams and Ogbene on thd field at the same time but replace one with Holmes and it'd be fine.