• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Standard of league 2

Furzton grecian

Hi All....MK Dons fan in peace ere...love going on the different forums in this league to see peoples different opinions on there team and others,until tisdale leaves us we will always be linked,I just wondered what you all think to the standard in league 2 this season,and who are the best teams you played already...regards on a MK roundabout.....

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
No easy games in this league that’s for sure, Newport and Forest Green are probably the best two teams I’ve seen...Lincoln stank SJP out with there gamesmanship but we’re impressive when they did play some football.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personal view, I think it is slightly lower quality than last season and generally less attractive. No standout team like Luton and Accrington last season.

Looking at the table after 20 games last time round, with the notable exception of Notts County most of the teams that stayed in L2 from last season are broadly in similar positions this (top/bottom half), with the usual ups and downs. There are more draws this season than the comparable position last, but I'm not sure whether that is significant.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-two/01-december-2017/

Lincoln the best and worst team we have played. They make Wycombe seem positively benign and naive. So much quality, so much cheating. FGR also looked good against us.

As always, the teams that have the strongest squads and the fewest injuries to key payers will be up there at the end.

Furzton grecian

Thanks for replying Red Devon,John William Yes would have to agree with both of you Forest Green are a good side they had 11 shots on target to our 1 earlier on in the season,Grimbsy have given us a good couple of games,and I would say Mansfield will defiantly be in the shake up at the end.Its a funny league if you don't take your chances the smaller sides can shock you,there seems to be so many draws at the moment....

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why call yourself a Grecian, Mr Furzton? Just wondering like.

Furzton grecian

Hi geoffwp to be honest with you it was the first name that came into my head...plus I fort I might get blocked if I didn't use the name Grecian....