• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Storey Watch

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
So you're suggesting that, if the PNE fans were to say, en masse, "He's shyte and we should never have paid that sum for him, complete waste of money!" that would have a positive effect on our future dealings with other clubs? Clearly the PNE management and the fans seem very happy with him and the price paid. is that not helpful? (y)
I didn't mention the management : please don't put words in my mouth.
If the fans don't like a newly signed player nobody is going to blame the club that transferred him . For example, are Chelsea fans blaming Everton's academy for Barkley's very average performances? Is anyone criticizing City's academy because Sean Goss hasn't made it? Successes are noted, but failures are not.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't mention the management : please don't put words in my mouth.
If the fans don't like a newly signed player nobody is going to blame the club that transferred him . For example, are Chelsea fans blaming Everton's academy for Barkley's very average performances? Is anyone criticizing City's academy because Sean Goss hasn't made it? Successes are noted, but failures are not.
Talking of which I see that Sean Goss was subbed at half time on Sunday as St Johnstone were thumped five nil by Celtic.

Stelios

I think both Pete Martin and IndoMike have a point :)

It's good to hear fans praising ex-City academy players. Swansea fans full of praise for Grimes at the moment too. It can't do us any harm.

But you can't do your transfer business based on what fans think. If we did we wouldn't have bothered to chase Nicky Law... MT said we had to work hard to get him too.

andrew p long

To be honest I don't give a damn if Preston fans are happy or .not with the fee they paid for Storey. The important thing is that Exeter City got a fair few.
My intended point was that , as the fee was ‘undisclosed’, there were some suggestions (now being withdrawn) that it couldn’t possibly have been 750k upfront and was more likely to have been 250k, contrary to the general impression being gathered in Devon . So it looks much more likely that we did get 750k.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
My intended point was that , as the fee was ‘undisclosed’, there were some suggestions (now being withdrawn) that it couldn’t possibly have been 750k upfront and was more likely to have been 250k, contrary to the general impression being gathered in Devon . So it looks much more likely that we did get 750k.
Taggy confirmed £750K at the Trust AGM.

andrew p long

Going through a difficult time at Preston. (Of course it would be the dream signing for City to get Jordan back for the second half of the season to help solve our right side central defender issue.)

on a poor run of form. Preston forum has comments like ‘dreadful’ ‘lost confidence’ ‘makes an awful mistake each game’ . And this is on a forum where the fans are generally supportive and appreciative of Jordan - a common theme is that he needs taking out of the firing line for now to rebuild his confidence. Whilst many on the PNE forum start to doubt whether he will make it as a Championship regular, they are supportive rather than writing him off as useless , saying instead that he is out of form.

On the bench last night. Unlikely to be let out on loan as the first choice centre back Bauer is out for the rest of the season and Jordan is needed as cover. The manager there is on record as saying he wants to *add* another centre back during this window

Grecianpasty

Going through a difficult time at Preston. (Of course it would be the dream signing for City to get Jordan back for the second half of the season to help solve our right side central defender issue.)

on a poor run of form. Preston forum has comments like ‘dreadful’ ‘lost confidence’ ‘makes an awful mistake each game’ . And this is on a forum where the fans are generally supportive and appreciative of Jordan - a common theme is that he needs taking out of the firing line for now to rebuild his confidence. Whilst many on the PNE forum start to doubt whether he will make it as a Championship regular, they are supportive rather than writing him off as useless , saying instead that he is out of form.

On the bench last night. Unlikely to be let out on loan as the first choice centre back Bauer is out for the rest of the season and Jordan is needed as cover. The manager there is on record as saying he wants to *add* another centre back during this window
Big step up for the lad having only having played a dozen or so games for us. It's unreasonable to expect consistent performances from him at this stage of his career, in the same vain as any of our youngsters who have come through this year.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's unreasonable to expect consistent performances from him at this stage of his career
He's 23, not 17, I imagine his manager would expect consistent performances.

Grecianpasty

He's 23, not 17, I imagine his manager would expect consistent performances.
How many league games did he play before joing Preston?

Matt Jay has only started playing this year and he will be 25 in a couple months

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
How many league games did he play before joing Preston?

Matt Jay has only started playing this year and he will be 25 in a couple months
What on earth has Matt Jay got to do with it ? Why do people always compare Matt Jay's progress map to every other player, it's a bizarre way to look at things.

Storey is playing in the championship, his manager will expect consistency from him, it's as simple as that.