Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Jordan Storey Watch

Re: Jordan Storey Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    So you're suggesting that, if the PNE fans were to say, en masse, "He's shyte and we should never have paid that sum for him, complete waste of money!" that would have a positive effect on our future dealings with other clubs? Clearly the PNE management and the fans seem very happy with him and the price paid. is that not helpful?
    I didn't mention the management : please don't put words in my mouth.
    If the fans don't like a newly signed player nobody is going to blame the club that transferred him . For example, are Chelsea fans blaming Everton's academy for Barkley's very average performances? Is anyone criticizing City's academy because Sean Goss hasn't made it? Successes are noted, but failures are not.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    I didn't mention the management : please don't put words in my mouth.
    If the fans don't like a newly signed player nobody is going to blame the club that transferred him . For example, are Chelsea fans blaming Everton's academy for Barkley's very average performances? Is anyone criticizing City's academy because Sean Goss hasn't made it? Successes are noted, but failures are not.
    Talking of which I see that Sean Goss was subbed at half time on Sunday as St Johnstone were thumped five nil by Celtic.

I think both Pete Martin and IndoMike have a point

It's good to hear fans praising ex-City academy players. Swansea fans full of praise for Grimes at the moment too. It can't do us any harm.

But you can't do your transfer business based on what fans think. If we did we wouldn't have bothered to chase Nicky Law... MT said we had to work hard to get him too.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    To be honest I don't give a damn if Preston fans are happy or .not with the fee they paid for Storey. The important thing is that Exeter City got a fair few.
    My intended point was that , as the fee was ‘undisclosed’, there were some suggestions (now being withdrawn) that it couldn’t possibly have been 750k upfront and was more likely to have been 250k, contrary to the general impression being gathered in Devon . So it looks much more likely that we did get 750k.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew p long View Post
    My intended point was that , as the fee was ‘undisclosed’, there were some suggestions (now being withdrawn) that it couldn’t possibly have been 750k upfront and was more likely to have been 250k, contrary to the general impression being gathered in Devon . So it looks much more likely that we did get 750k.
    Taggy confirmed £750K at the Trust AGM.