• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XIII

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster

Welcome, one and all, to the 2018 Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz. This, by my reckoning, is the thirteenth annual quiz which doesn’t bode well but someone must win.

You should know the drill by now, but a clue will be posted each day, and sometimes more than one, right up until the anti-climax that is the grand finale on 24th December. Each clue will have pointage assigned to it based on how difficult or crap a clue it is. The answer will be something related to ECFC, Exeter or Devon. Much to FBH’s annoyance, pubs may feature at some point.

On some days there might be quickfire rounds, crosswords, or any other variation I can make up to keep you interested. If there is going to be a variation, I’ll let you know the day before so that you’re suitably prepared.

If a daily clue isn’t solved by midnight, the points are reabsorbed back into the quiz matrix.

Dem roolz:

• I can’t stop you from using an image search and am largely wasting me breath here, but, well, you know.
• Rearing up will be tolerated, to a point, because I know how passionate you all are. Don’t push your luck though.
• Workings must be shown. I understand though that this is a high-pressure environment where snoozing can lead to losing so if you want to fire off a quick one you can follow this up with workings in a subsequent post and I’ll then consider those posts as one. The follow up must be posted in a timely manner though and the longer you leave it the greater the chance of someone else nipping in around the back and tucking one in.
• There is no limit on how many guesses you can have but if you start taking the **** there may be sanctions imposed. You will be warned first, mind.
• The quizmater’s word is final.

The quizmater also reserves the right to award bonus points in the form of Jaydens.

In addition to bonus points, spot prize Roys may be awarded. These have no pointage or monetary value and are simply for boasting about down the virtual.

Best of luck and, most of all, enjoy!

iscalad

Am I supposed to read all that? #confusedofpolsloe

Tim Long

Scott Golbourne.

Alistair20000

The useful bit of information missing from the OP is what time the first question will be put up but we know Lionel likes to keep us in suspense.

Sidey's back

It's a farce!

LOG

The useful bit of information missing from the OP is what time the first question will be put up but we know Lionel likes to keep us in suspense.
It will most likely be a just after midnight clue to kick things off.

Grecian2K

Am I supposed to read all that? #confusedofpolsloe
Since Lionel went to all of the trouble to write it for us I'd suggest it's only basic courtesy to read it. ;)

iscalad

Since Lionel went to all of the trouble to write it for us I'd suggest it's only basic courtesy to read it. ;)
Copy and pasted surely.

LOG

Copy and pasted surely.
:) I did change it a little bit.

Alistair20000

It will most likely be a just after midnight clue to kick things off.
**sets alarm**

This suggests the esteemed Quizmater has a busy day tomorrow, wants this one out of the way and won’t have time to watch us fannying around.