Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Thread: Tisdale V Taylor

Re: Tisdale V Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by The Proper Chap View Post
    MK dons should still make the play offs, anything other than that is a shambolic performance given their squad / budget.

Personally I wonder if Carlisle will fall off however there is normally a team that makes a late surge, could be Swindon, Grimsby, Oldham or Newport.

Grimsby would be my dark horse, they have a Jolley good young manager imho who is assembling a decent squad.
    Grimsby for me too and as frustrating as we all know Tisdale can be, as much as it irks me to say it, I would certainly not write off their chance of making the last automatic place.

Jaxxy win for Tisdale last night against a team with the gleam of the FA Cup in their eyes (both halves) and who rested or withdrew early their key players.

Doubt Carlisle will be so obliging

Quote Originally Posted by 100milesaway View Post
    Must be a 5 hour round trip?
    Thatís madness
    At least 5 hours and probably more not much motorway and not easiest of drives after leaving Swindon fairly basic A roads which can also get very congested with limited passing opportunities.

I dunno, I drive MK across to Swindon weekly and it's only about an hour and a half. There's load of overtaking opportunities and dual carriageway sections along the A420 then the A34.
    The worst bit is getting around Bicester, although he can pop into Bicester village to buy a lovely cravat.

If anybody has caught Tiswas's post match press chat after Newport, surprisingly no mention of the pitch, Newport played well, and MK may have been lucky but he'll take that any day, bit of a contrast from his press conference at SJP to the MK press.

P.S he also looked somewhat relieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    At least 5 hours and probably more not much motorway and not easiest of drives after leaving Swindon fairly basic A roads which can also get very congested with limited passing opportunities.
    Strange decision to want to work 15 hour days, surely that takes a toll.
    Not for me to say though really!
    I wonder if MK pay the petrol!

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    I dunno, I drive MK across to Swindon weekly and it's only about an hour and a half. There's load of overtaking opportunities and dual carriageway sections along the A420 then the A34.
    The worst bit is getting around Bicester, although he can pop into Bicester village to buy a lovely cravat.
    I used to commute 90 min a day (each way) for a year. All motorway. Used to wear me out (and my car!)
    Like the idea of popping in and getting a cravat on the way. I wonder if he wears one at training these days. I loved all that nonsense...for a while.,Then the whole match day thing seemed to be about our managers choice of hat.
    Last edited by 100milesaway; 15 February 2019 at 21:53.

Got to be said, great result for Tisdale at Carlisle.

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    No it hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    A reminder of how quickly things can change. Bury celebrated like they'd won promotion by beating us but they are long way from certainties for the to three yet.