• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Macclesfield Prediction Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Expecting Croll to play instead of Arron Martin, and Archie Collins to be in for Jake Taylor. This should be an easy win for City, but Macclesfield will have a bit of confidence after a rare win on Saturday. 3-1 in front of 3768 fans.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Expecting Croll to play instead of Arron Martin, and Archie Collins to be in for Jake Taylor. This should be an easy win for City, but Macclesfield will have a bit of confidence after a rare win on Saturday. 3-1 in front of 3768 fans.
I expect our lowest League gate of the season and will be pleasantly surprised if the attendance is more than 3,300. Live CL on the TV, cold night, Macclesfield are not an exciting prospect. They will have less than 50 and possibly the smallest away contingent in recent seasons.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Should be 3-0 and comfortable , but I reckon it will end up as a 1-0 win with Stockley scuffing one home

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looking forward to this game, seeing the new SJP under floodlights, and I'm getting a tour of the stadium beforehand as well.

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/11/26/next-up-exeter-city-vs-macclesfield/

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I really don’t think this will be all that straight forward. Macc will put 11 behind the ball and maybe try to exploit us from a set piece. The first 30 mins will be crucial as the longer it goes without breaking them down, the more frustrated the players and fans will get.

I’m wondering if he will put Deano at CB alongside O’Shea? I would worry about an inexperienced pairing so that could be the way to go.

I think that Holmes may sit this one out and get Ogbene in from the start to give us some pace. Also I think L Martin may get the nod and possible move Law into the centre.

2-0 City. Stockley and a last minute Forte goal. 3224 in attendance with 22 from Macc.

ExeterCityLad

Exeter 6-0 Macclesfield

IndoMike

Score : 3-1 City.
City Scorers : Rees-Mogg 2 x o.g, Stockers.
Attendance : 3650
Weather : A bit nippy..
Performance : Variable.
Pete's Pym Score : 6. (He didn't save the penalty)

geoffwp

I'm with credy on this one. It 'should' be a convincing win but I think the reality will be somewhat different. As moomin says it could very well be a difficult game as I doubt they will play an open attacking game and be looking to grind out a draw. Still. An ugly win is 3 points same as an easy win so I'm going city to scratch it out 1 nil ugly while hoping for something more beautiful.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I expect our lowest League gate of the season and will be pleasantly surprised if the attendance is more than 3,300. Live CL on the TV, cold night, Macclesfield are not an exciting prospect. They will have less than 50 and possibly the smallest away contingent in recent seasons.
The club have been pushing the promotions hard for this match so hopefully that might put a few on the crowd.

As for the team, I presume two games in 4 days will be seen as too much for Woodman so Moxey will return as left back, Otherwise I would be tempted, as others have said, to play Moxey at centre back to make use of his experience. After all the Croll and O'Shea partnership didn't exactly excel against Blackpool.

I would love to see Collins come in for Taylor but fear that playing all three of O'Shea, Collins and Abrahams would be too much inexperience. The alternative of playing Martin from the start doesn't inspire much confidence, though.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with those who have said this will be tight (especially as we haven't won in the league in a while) - looking at Macclesfield's results and while they have generally been on the losing side they have rarely been beaten out of sight (West Ham excepted), so appear at least to be competitive in matches.

Those hoping for a good old top vs bottom trouncing may end up disappointed, I suspect.