• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Could Croll play the Tillson role?

scottus86

As we all know Tillson is very good positionally and for breaking up play but his passing lets him down and when he is in possession the opposition put pressure on him because he is likely to give the ball away. Croll as a centre back makes mistakes, but playing infront of the back four they won't be so costly, he can play a good pass and is comfortable in possession of the ball and could equally break up play and his fast enough to make up for any positional senses Tillson has.

The deluder

I think Croll would make a good left back. Money and Woodman are both past their sell-by.

Stelios

He could be an option. I'm a fan. But don't think he's mobile enough? He's a big lad.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Not for me - I’d prefer to see Moxey sat in front the back , he’s experienced enough and good enough on the ball to sit infront of the back four at league 2 level

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
No chance. Not disciplined enough.

manc grecian

Couldn't we just purchase a player who plays in that position instead of converting a defender into a midfielder.

chunkymorrinmunter

Couldn't we just purchase a player who plays in that position instead of converting a defender into a midfielder.
A bit like Lloyd James then ,!!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Don’t be silly, that’s way to obvious.

IndoMike

Could Sweeney play midfield? I can imagine him as a latterday Sercs. Then we could play Oates at RB. Solved.

scottus86

Could Sweeney play midfield? I can imagine him as a latterday Sercs. Then we could play Oates at RB. Solved.
Could do, he has a decent strike from distance too. We'd miss his crossing if he is playing in the middle, but he does like to pick out that pass into the box just behind the defence which he could probably do more often in a central role.

Obviously, the ideal situation would be to sign a quality defensive midfielder who can play football. Considering our current lack of depth in that position though, I'm trying to think of alternatives in our current squad.