• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New SKy / EFL deal

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Worth £595M over 5 years, apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46267320

Details are sketchy but if the current 80:12:8 split between Championship, L1 and L2 clubs continues this will mean our share should increase to just over £400K p.a. (595M x 0.08 / 5 / 23 = 0.414)

However the top Championship clubs especially Leeds are reportedly unhappy about the deal and may well try to grab more of the pie.

Watch this space, as they say.

budegrecian

Details are sketchy but if the current 80:12:8 split between Championship, L1 and L2 clubs continues this will mean our share should increase to just over £400K p.a. (595M x 0.08 / 5 / 23 = 0.414)

However the top Championship clubs especially Leeds are reportedly unhappy about the deal and may well try to grab more of the pie.

What is it currently?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would have thought 50/25/25 would have been a fair split..The bottom 2 divisions are really being cut adrift with TV & sponsors money.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
What is it currently?
Don't know for sure but I think around £295K.

Of course my calculations are wrong as there are 24 L2 clubs not 23. Takes it down to just under £400K. So £100K more.

budegrecian

Thanks for the above figures. An extra £100k is not to be sneezed at, but as Olds says; the bottom two leagues are getting a pretty percentage.

budegrecian

Thanks for the above figures. An extra £100k is not to be sneezed at, but as Olds says; the bottom two leagues are getting a pretty small percentage.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course in addition to small share of the lower league TV money we also get what are amusingly called "solidarity payments", crumbs from the PL deal, also split 80:12:8.

According to Wikipedia we got £450K last season (3% of a parachute payment).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premie...arity_payments

Colesman Ballz

Given Leeds notorious lack of ability to control their budgets, They certainly shouldn't go begging for an even greater slice. May I suggest Mr Harvey forwards them an application form for the Northern Premier League.

Leads

Given Leeds notorious lack of ability to control their budgets, They certainly shouldn't go begging for an even greater slice. May I suggest Mr Harvey forwards them an application form for the Northern Premier League.
Leeds’ point (which I have some sympathy for) is that they are on TV seemingly all the time and aren’t being compensated/financially rewarded for it.

PeteUSA

I wonder how this will affect iFollow. I dont believe Sky releases any stuff to them at the moment.