• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Injury list updates

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies if I've missed something said in any threads, and I haven't looked at the various videos on the OS, but do we have any news on our array of injured players?

Christy Pym - ?
Troy Brown - out for a while yet...
Hiram Boateng - new year...
Chiedozie Ogbene - ?
Lee Holmes - ?
Lee Martin - noticed he was missing on Saturday - ?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like we can add Sweeney to the list now.

Ogbene tweeted a couple of weeks back with a pic showing him training at Brentford so I am hoping he will come back soon.

Taylor said that other than, Brown, Boateng and Hartridge the other injuries were short-term so hopefully they will be back in soon.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Aaagh, I hadn't noticed Sweeney being subbed on Saturday - I had to switch off after about 60 minutes due to taking Madam and her friend bowling for Madam's upcoming birthday. I only noticed the final score when I got back in later and checked SSN.

At least Oates is back.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sweeney was apparently a back injury.

Holmes has a hamstring injury but no idea when he's expected back.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Just seen budegrecian's post on the MDT suggesting Ogbene and Holmes could be back next week, which would be a big bonus.

andrew p long

On a Brentford forum it was reported last week that Ogbene was back in ‘running training’ which sounds not too far away from match fitness.

On these boards somewhere, someone said that Christy had said a week or so ago that it would be a couple of weeks yet. So my guess is not this week, but next.

IndoMike

Maybe our running team is doing too much running...

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Taylor said that ogbene was coming back to us this week so hopefully he might be ready for at least the bench.

He also mentioned that Moxey had had an X Ray, not sure what that is about unless he injured his hand getting his second yellow at tranmere.

I think it was Lee Martin who had also had an X Ray, bad bruising I believe which doesn't sound great.

We will just have to keep fingers crossed it gets better soon.

Positive spin

Sweeney was apparently a back injury.

Holmes has a hamstring injury but no idea when he's expected back.
Saw Holmes at the wheel of his motor this morning so he's at least out and about !

iscalad

Troy's injury may be more serious than first thought.