• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Free Saturday (1st December)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will we get a game rearranged to this date?

The Macclesfield game next March on a Tuesday night would be a good one to move to a Saturday (mainly because Moss Rose is not a ground that I've been to, and Saturday is easier to do!).

Though a weekend off may help us getting players back to fitness.

Last edited:

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster

The Macclesfield game next March on a Tuesday night would be a good one to move to a Saturday (mainly because Moss Rose is not a ground that I've been to, and Saturday is easier to do!).
If we were in form I’d say yes...maybe back to back games against Mac could be a good idea though.

andrew p long

Checkatrade next round (of 32) is a knock out game ‘to be played in week commencing Monday 3 December ‘

So if we got drawn against an Under 21 side, or a League team already out of the FACup, presumably we could seek permission to play the game on the Saturday, a couple of days early?

Oldsmobile-88

I would imagine cost of a overnight stay in Macclesfield would come into the thinking.A midweek fixture means the team can travel on the day.
With the huge entourage surrounding any team these days,I expect the cost is around £2k(minimum)if a overnight stay is involved

sign of the chimes

Though a weekend off may help us getting players back to fitness.
I'm not sure it is permitted with league games but it can be done with the Sherpa Vans Trophy games, as we did that with one of ours last season when we were knocked out of the cup.

Oldsmobile-88

I'm not sure it is permitted with league games but it can be done with the Sherpa Vans Trophy games, as we did that with one of ours last season when we were knocked out of the cup.
Pretty sure I can recall FL games involving clubs knocked out of the 1st round bringing a game forward in recent seasons,though that may have changed with the goons running the show nowadays.

Hope it is moved,Macclesfield on a Saturday is a lot easier to get to than a Tuesday evening via the M6..

Oldsmobile-88

In the early 1990s Chester ground shared at Moss Rose(iirc we were one of the first teams to play Chester at that venue)
I got Moss Rose mixed up with Moss Lane,Altrincham(then one of the top non league teams) & thought were were off to South Manchester & was a bit surprised when we rolled into Macclesfield...Oh dear,put it down to my spirits in the Panda Pops bottles I had on the way there..:D.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would imagine cost of a overnight stay in Macclesfield would come into the thinking.A midweek fixture means the team can travel on the day.
With the huge entourage surrounding any team these days,I expect the cost is around £2k(minimum)if a overnight stay is involved
I think they often stay over after a midweek game, as otherwise they get back well after 3am given the need for changing, interviews etc, so the saving may be illusory.

Much better for us fans, though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I got Moss Rose mixed up with Moss Lane,
I have to admit that I had first typed 'Moss Lane' and then corrected it. :$