• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How many different grounds have you been to?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Including grounds that no longer exist (Ayresome Park, Victoria ground, Fellows Park, etc) and including non-league grounds and including Wembley, how many UK grounds have you been to?

Rules: has to be on a match day and you have to pay to get in (unless you got a complimentary ticket i.e. not just park football).

I’ll start you off with 103.

Colesman Ballz

Including grounds that no longer exist (Ayresome Park, Victoria ground, Fellows Park, etc) and including non-league grounds and including Wembley, how many UK grounds have you been to?

Rules: has to be on a match day and you have to pay to get in (unless you got a complimentary ticket i.e. not just park football).

I’ll start you off with 103.
I think that once RHK spots this thread, all us mortal souls might as well throw the towel in ! Certainly with regard to City matches anyway. :)

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

179 for me..147 watching the Grecians play.All 1st class fixtures..It’s a few more if I included friendly’s,but I have never counted those.

I have programmes for all of the games I have watched away from SJP...No doubt heading for the skip when I pass away.:D

Oldsmobile-88

179 for me..147 watching the Grecians play.All 1st class fixtures..It’s a few more if I included friendly’s,but I have never counted those.
D
I have visited 84 of the 92 clubs,but because of new grounds it’s now 69 of the 92(68 when Spurs finally move)

Antony Moxey

Around 65-70, but it may be a few more than that. I never bothered counting the non-League ones, and only count each club once. However even though I count Bristol Rovers as one I’ve been to all three grounds of theirs (Eastville, Bath and the Memorial). There are one or two others like that.

fred binneys head

In my 103, I’m counting friendlies and non-league and different grounds for the same team, but only counting each ground once - I’ve been to many of them a lot of times.

Avening Posse

If only including competitive games and league teams, in the 70's, of which early 60's watching City, and add another circa 10 if including the conference. Been a few in Scotland as well

StroudGrecian

Are we including Scotland? What about Europe/rest of the world?

TBH my haul of English/Welsh grounds is fairly modest - around 50 (and at least 10 of those don't exist any more), but if we include Scotland, France, Spain, Egypt, Australia, etc. then I'm nearer to 80.

elginCity

66 UK grounds, 4 abroad.

grecIAN Harris

It depends how deep you're calling non League? Conference South/North? The regional Leagues after that (that would boost my numbers quite a bit as I have played on a few of them, the likes of Tivvy, Mangotsfield, Melksham, Chippenham etc)?